£150.00 Composite Hornet For Sale

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Brian 42

£150.00 Composite Hornet For Sale

Post by Brian 42 »

My daughter's Hornet, Sail No 1964.
I believe it is an early composite Goodwin, with raised crew deck.

The Good Bits:
*Fibreglass hull that is essentially sound and less damaged than you would expect as the boat spent most of the last twenty years upside down under a car port.
*Good mast boom and rigging
*Decent set of functioning control lines
*Two rudders both in good order
*Two sets of sails. One not too shabby set (past their best but respectable) plus what we think are the originals for the boat. Two spinnakers, both very tired.
*Trailer and launching trolley (not a combi). Both in working order and trailer is good for a reasonble length journey
Sailed recently - was supposed to have been sailed at the BBSC event, but work got in the way.

Not so Good bits:
*The deck and gunwhales did go rotten during its upside down period under the car port. We repaired them but they look far from original and we've hidden most of the repairs under pro-grip.
*The varnish and pro-grip we put on is peeling and really needs stripping and re-doing.
*The trolley works, but is showing signs of corroding and will probably not last more than another season or so.

BUT ....This is an excellent value boat that works. For someone who wants to get on the water for minimal cost, you'll have to shell out £150.00 to buy it and probably about £50.00 on varnish etc plus a bit of elbow grease.

Brian.Whitmey [at] KentTMS[dot] co [dot] uk - photos available
roger

Re: £150.00 Composite Hornet For Sale

Post by roger »

Hi Brian,

Have you advertised her on the Hornet site? www.hornet.org.uk
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
JB9

Post by JB9 »

I bought Hornet 1964 but have decided its not ideal for me.

There is not much to add to the comment below other than a new main halyard. There is a very well made wooden boom rest for when the cover is on.

Still at BBSC and still the same price.
Harrier 25
505 7163
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

If made by Sailcraft it maybe a balsa foam sandwich Revo (there were only a few made Bloody Red Baron and Feeling Green and a grey one which went to New York were examples),. But I suspect with this boat that it's the one that we looked at on the east coast and found that although it had been mistakenly called a Revo it was not and is an early Tim Baker Non Revolution boat. I maybe wrong.
Cheers Al
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

If made by Sailcraft it maybe a balsa foam sandwich Revo (there were only a few made Bloody Red Baron and Feeling Green and a grey one which went to New York are examples of I believe of the 5 built), but these were with glass decks. But I suspect with this boat that it's the one that we looked at on the east coast a while ago and found that although it had been mistakenly called a Revo it was not and is an early Tim Baker Non Revolution boat. I maybe wrong. Still a cheap boat though.
Cheers Al
JB9

Post by JB9 »

Hornet now sold.
Harrier 25
505 7163