Sail numbers

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

A while ago there was a discussion about jib hanks and sail numbers and a suppliers name was given but I have spent an age looking for it in vain. Anyone have this link with the cheap source of numbers? Thanks
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Try the wanted section, Enterprise sails, afew posts from the top.
Rupert
Mark

Post by Mark »

I have a spare set of 533....In Blue
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Yes please!
Rupert
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

It's amazing - I have yet to get a second hand suit of sails with any of the 4 numbers in the correct position!!
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

My solo sail for ToY 179 is 4479...been meaning to change it with the help of some spinnaker tape 1's. I did consider chopping the triangles off the 2nd 4, but sharp knives and sails? Just asking for trouble!
Rupert
Mark

Post by Mark »

Rupert....What an amazing coincidence
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Yes, astonishing, isn't it, that you happen to have the exact sail numbers I'll need to convert Godfrey's sail...
Rupert
last man

Post by last man »

Sail numbers... you mean that I am meant to have just the one number on all my sails ( I know really) and not just the ones that they came with..... how about I just put the boat name on all my sails and confuse everyone...
Ok Joking a side I will have to alter all my sails non has the boat number on them all are fom differnt boats... I am planing doing mind a different way will let you know how it works out.Stephen

For those interested the prout couger is on the water at fareham and I have started doing all those little jobs. Today I went out for a pint at our local sailing club and ended up buying a 5 hp long shaft outboard for the cat..
Getting there slowley
Getting as bad as the rest. Two boats and two tenders
Brian E. Evans

Post by Brian E. Evans »

With sails like that, there is nothing funnier than cruising past the race committee boat and having them say "Who are you really?"
last man

Post by last man »

In reply to above comment did that at bowmoor last year answer is well this race I AM .....
I even have one set with the boat name on.... drive the race commity bats.. for my sins I am race officer this year..... think someone is trying to teach me a lession lol
Brian E. Evans

Post by Brian E. Evans »

There was a comic opera song that addressed this. Something about the punishment fitting the crime.
Mary

Post by Mary »

AHH YES,,,, I seem to remember a year when my ent had a triple personality, and a very confused OOD.
last man

Post by last man »

Well I have done my first race as race officer It was blowing a hoolie and wind chill was minus 12 dec c and the number two boat had sail mumbers thatcame off during the race trying to read the nums when one is hanging partly off is no fun.
Can anyone suggest where I get sail numbers as what I tried did not work
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Any decent chandler will have them. I'm pretty sure you can buy them over the internet from Northampton sailboats, wet & windy and many others.
Rupert