Classic Stuff for sale: Jollyboat, Tideway, Whiff, etc.

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Ed
Site Admin

Classic Stuff for sale: Jollyboat, Tideway, Whiff, etc.

Post by Ed »

As well as the Canoe, I thought I would remind everyone that I need (or would like) to move on the following boats and stuff:

Jollyboat J335
For pretty extensive renovation. The second newest Jollyboat that I am aware of still in existence in the UK. Needs quite a bit of work doing to it, including a couple of holes in the shell and most probably new decks, well I would re-deck it, although you could patch it. Original wooden-top mast. All fittings/parts available. Have sails, but most probably past it. No cover, no trailer, might be able to find a trolley.

Merlin Rocket - MR638 Djyn Proctor MkVIII
In pretty good condition, but decks have been painted. I have always presumed they are damaged and have intended to re-deck. This is in doubt (to me at least) one of the prettiest Merlins I have ever seen. I always intended to keep this to re-build and sail in my later years, but....if anyone is interested in taking on the project. It has two masts, I can find a boom, but I would find newer/better alternatives. Threw away the sails. Has trolley, but no cover or trailer.

Penultimate 14 mast
Mast from one of the Budgeon Twins worlds winning 14s. I bought this to put in the Jollyboat, but could work well in any large boat project. Has all rigging with it, including cap-shrouds and 4 trapeze wires.

Bathurst Whiff
This is a beautiful very old clinker sculling boat, made by Bathurst in Tewkesbury. Suspect it was one of a batch of 10 made in 1907, although not confirmed. Hull is all good. work needed to replace most/all of superstructure. I have cut and shaped the two main cross members, but not fitted them yet. New Sax boards need to be put in. New riggers made. It would of originally been fixed-seat, but I would put in a sliding seat myself. Don't have any old thin sculls, but might be able to dig out a set of wooden spoons.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11373149 ... 1577051825

Tideway
My tideway is a little sad at moment, in need of stripping and repainting and no doubt a little wood work. I have mainly used it as a dinghy for last 5 or 6 years, for pottering on the river here at home, but I do have all the sailing kit, including mast/sails/rudder etc. It is the 'popular' version - without foredecks, and is distinctive in having a rope fender. It isn't the most original of Tideways. I replaced the transom and centre-board case with 1in Robbins Elite ply, but it is strong, wasn't leaking and a good little boat.

Minisprint
This isn't strictly mine.....but I still kind of have an interest in it.... Minisprint with, half-decent sail (OK, it's pretty baggy like the rest of em) Recently renovated seat, re-shaped and glass-sheathed foils. It does leak a little, but nothing too much at all. Don't think it has a trolley....it lives on the foreshore. Nice boat and would be going cheap. I sold it to a kid in the village and his mum has had a wobble about the number of boats he has in their garden and told him to remove the lot :-( sounds familiar!

Early 50s Looe River Boat
Extensive re-build! having said that, I don't think any of the planks need replacing, but quite a bit of work would be required to make this really watertight. Having said that, I just filled the gaps with sealant, threw it on the river and it worked fine. It has a Stewart Turner 2.25HP two stroke which is a thing of great beauty all in itself. My brother is thinking of taking this on as a project, but I have suggested something a little easier/smaller/cheaper.
Images are of her as she was when I bought her:
https://plus.google.com/photos/11373149 ... 8MWkzKHJPw
If you are interested, and are sitting down, I can give you images of how she is now :-)

Int Canoe - Nethercott Carbon Shell
pains me to say it, but I don't think this shell is ever going to make it to be a fully working 10SqM canoe, But still it is a reasonable foam/carbon IC shell. If anyone has any ideas for a project using it, then please do get in touch. These shells have been frequently used for off-shore sculling boats and I have considered it for this, but time is short at moment, and too many other projects. So if anyone is interested, get in touch.

2 Classic Trials Bikes
OK, not exactly the place for it......but I know there are others here that share my love of old bikes too....
I am getting my 1977 Moto-Guzzi 850T3 California back on the road and to pull in a bit of money for that, I am considering selling one or both of my classic trials bikes: I have a 1978 Yamaha TY175, which is working but ripe for a rebuild and a Montesa Cota 247 from early 70s, which I built from bits up to a rough working condition, but certainly not concours, just for riding really. They both work....but both could do with ongoing work as with all classic stuff.

Other misc stuff
I have quite a few (tons) of old masts and booms, some nice and modernish, like a good M7 from IC. Also an MX-Ray sail. 2 Fairey centre-plates. lots of crazy stuff, just ask.

Well, I think that is about it for old stuff. It doesn't all have to go, and I am not in a urgent hurry....but it would be good to thin the 'project list' a bit.

If there is anything here that interests you, then contact me my IM or email and we can discuss it further.

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
Chrisrjwood

Re: Classic Stuff for sale: Jollyboat, Tideway, Whiff, etc.

Post by Chrisrjwood »

Hi Ed,

I would be interested in any JB spares you might have and also perhaps give some thought to J335, I think we may have discussed this a couple of years ago but didn't pursue it.

Also, on a bit of a tangent, will you be at any of the CVRDA meets this year as it would be great to get our JB's together and compare?

On that note, anyone reading this who would be interested in crewing for me in the Jollyboat this year perhaps drop me a line?

Kind Regards, Chris Wood

JB325
Pegasus 187
Firefly 2813
Chrisrjwood
Jollyboat J325 Serendipity
Rouse I14 'Brown Trousers' K1094
Kirby 7 I14 Last Chance K1120
Penultimate I14 K1337
Int 14 K391 Velocity
Uffa Fox I14 Nymph K524 (under restoration)
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

I have a few Jollyboat bits, but not so many... give me a call with what you want and I will see what I can find.

As far as getting together goes....not sure at moment, so broke I hardly have the money to pay the diesel to go anywhere...Paying insurance and club fees are going to be enough of a stretch.

If you are interested in the J335, just say.....I do have someone else who is currently interested, but I need to go and check its condition.

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
Phelps Scull
Chrisrjwood

Post by Chrisrjwood »

Hi Ed, have emailed you about events, can you check and let me know that you have received? Chris
Chrisrjwood
Penultimate I14 K1337
Int 14 K391 Velocity
kfz

Post by kfz »

Ed,
What bits do you need for the T3. I have some old Guzzi bits kicking about.
Kev
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Thanks Kev,

most of the 'Cali' is there.....as far as I am aware anyway.

I am looking for a better screen as mine has a crack in it.... going to have to buy a new battery as mine appears totally knackered due to lack of use....

A r/h knee guard.....maybe a front mudguard, although I have fixed mine up... indicators.....but was going to put new small led ones on I think...

But otherwise I think everything else I need is a service bit.

What have you got?

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
Phelps Scull
JimC

Post by JimC »

Did you get my email about canoe shell?
kfz

Post by kfz »

Without going out the shed. Theres defo a sump, loads of brake bits, maybe a front mast cylinder (the old round one). 750s fork sliders.

I think I have a Front mudguard stay. Not sure what model its off. Maybe a 750s. some electrical bits. Bosch Regulator and a stater. Some really nice but far too loud for me, open silencers Short Lemans style, horrid balance box thing.

I'll have a look in the spares box.

Doesnt sound like you need much. I love the Hawker Matt Gel thingy batteries in my Guzzis, bit more expensive but work really well. Id go for one of those without a doubt.

Kev
John Banks

Post by John Banks »

Hi Ed
Interested in the MiniSprint if it is still available.
Thanks
John
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Went up and checked over the Jollyboat J335.

No worse than when she was put into her concoon.....condition is pretty good really. Still needs a re-deck and a hole fixed in the hull, but she is stiff and light.

If anyone wants any more information, just send me an IM.

here are the images:

https://plus.google.com/photos/11373149 ... tp-Q86jpMg

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
Phelps Scull
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Hi John,

OK, I will get in touch with the owner and we will sort it out.

The boat is down in my village: Calstock in Cornwall on the River Tamar.

Give me an IM and we can talk more later.

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
Phelps Scull
Chrisrjwood

Post by Chrisrjwood »

Ed, I have sent you a couple of messages but not sure if you have received them, can you check please? Chris
Chrisrjwood
Penultimate I14 K1337
Int 14 K391 Velocity