International Canoe anyone..?

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
dronskiuk

International Canoe anyone..?

Post by dronskiuk »

It's mine I'm afraid....I succumbed to a whim and bought it from a friend while at a show in Germany last year.

Reality has struck in that I've just started a business and both time and money are in short supply so I'd be happy to see it go to someone who will use it. I haven't, sadly although it's pretty much ready to go and appears to be complete - last time I sailed one I was a teenager and now I'm a grandparent so it's been a while...I believe the guy who sold it to me that it's all there.

All there appears to consist of :-

Boat, the number on the sail that I think was the original is two hundred and something (forgot to memorise - sorry) - all wood and in good condition apart from one crack on the sliding seat housing that needs gluing (I'll do it if I can remember to take the glue with me) light blue underside, nice condition varnished topsides (no obvious black or white water ingression staining).

Mast and boom I'd guess are original and I'd guess from the early days of alloy masts. There are two mains that are both whole but well-used and with all the battens and two jibs, one self-tacking and one that has the moderner single batten...both are ok, the moderner one appears to have had very little use.

Rudder and c/board are both whole and seem ok and the boat is on a trailer...not one that's designed for the boat but has good (one new) bearings, wheels and tyres and new mudguards - I towed 150 miles before changing one hub and bearing that was wobbly...I'm guessing it was probably a speedboat trailer in real life.

This isn't a project boat although I'm sure a little touching up wouldn't go amiss but the boat could, I believe, be sailed pretty much as soon as the seat-housing crack is glued.

I wish I could work out how to add pics but if anyone would like some emailed my limited IT skills allow that much - just send me the email address you want them sent to?

I'll put her up on Apollo Duck if I don't get any interest here - funnily enough I can work out the photo thing on there!

I'd like to see the amount I paid for her if possible...I thought it was a bargain but £350 would cover that - the boat is in a barn near Lowestoft...prior to that she'd been stored in a warehouse for a number of years so is dry and clean.

PM or contact me on here if any interest?

Thanks

Andrew
Max McCarthy

Re: International Canoe anyone..?

Post by Max McCarthy »

PM sent.

Cheers,

Max
AC 298 TimeWarp
Cherub 2627 - Sgt Murphy (nee Last Amber Dragon)
Farr 3.7 (slowly progressing build)
National 12 3337
dronskiuk

Post by dronskiuk »

Max McCarthy wrote:PM sent.

Cheers,

Max
Pics sent - (I hope!) :D
Max McCarthy

Post by Max McCarthy »

Yes - thanks Andrew, it would appear they have come through perfectly.

Sorry, but I also made a typing error when emailing you; 'deb' should be 'be'.

Many thanks,

Max
AC 298 TimeWarp
National 12 3337
dronskiuk

Post by dronskiuk »

This has now found a perfect home - thank you! :D
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

Hoping someone on site here will be gaining MAXimum fulfilment?

This could give me further incentive to get Torment out of the rafters.
Michael Brigg
Max McCarthy

Post by Max McCarthy »

Indeed Michael...from the pictures I have seen, she looks absolutely fantastic, and very innovative for her time! I cannot wait to collect her....

:mrgreen:

Max
AC 298 TimeWarp
National 12 3337
Hotspur

Post by Hotspur »

Michael Brigg wrote: This could give me further incentive to get Torment out of the rafters.
I presume we're talking about a boat and not a euphemisim for unconventional weekend activities? :wink:
Visit my blog Naval Air History at navalairhistory.com
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

Hotspur wrote:
Michael Brigg wrote: This could give me further incentive to get Torment out of the rafters.
I presume we're talking about a boat and not a euphemisim for unconventional weekend activities? :wink:
Shame on you Hotspur, this is the CVRDA....

I am meaning both, of course!
Michael Brigg