Sea Fire on the bay

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Michael4

Re: Sea Fire on the bay

Post by Michael4 »

ent228 wrote:The brochure says "tumble home" deck design provides comfortable sailing.

I assume this is not refering to the hull but to the deck and I can only imagine that it means something like the sloping inwards deck of a Solo....
Traditionally tumble home refers to the topsides turning inwards as they rise up to the deck, probably more common on larger boats. Makes a cross section look more like the shape of a wine glass (the glass not the class)
Tideway 206
11+
Sold the 'Something bigger and plastic', it never got used.
Hotspur

Post by Hotspur »

Michael4 wrote:
ent228 wrote:The brochure says "tumble home" deck design provides comfortable sailing.

I assume this is not refering to the hull but to the deck and I can only imagine that it means something like the sloping inwards deck of a Solo....
Traditionally tumble home refers to the topsides turning inwards as they rise up to the deck, probably more common on larger boats. Makes a cross section look more like the shape of a wine glass (the glass not the class)
Indeed, and this is what I thought, but the Seafire hull doesn't do this. Not sure how it could apply to the deck unless it's as ent228 suggests
Visit my blog Naval Air History at navalairhistory.com
Hotspur

Post by Hotspur »

A few more photos:

Visit my blog Naval Air History at navalairhistory.com