National 12 "Spider" and my Europa Moth for sale

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
solentgal

National 12 "Spider" and my Europa Moth for sale

Post by solentgal »

Due to another bout of problems with local kids creating havoc, I've decided to give it all up......no, really, I have....It's all too stressful, and my heart really isn't in it anymore!........and there is a fair possibility we will be moving soon anyway (again!)
I need to get the car back in the garage soon due to having things thrown at it (what is wrong with teenage boys???), and will certainly need to get "Spider" out to do so.....the Moth is not so urgent as I can get the car in the garage with that still in there...... I'm not sure whether I have the inclination to finish the Moth.........all the hard work is done though.....all the enjoyable stuff to do!
"Spider" is now painted, (white now) but needs floor paint and deck varnish.... stripped ready, and some fittings putting back on. Comes with all the gear, except maybe some of the string (not sure about that) a good suit of sails and a black heavy poly cover. My total spend so far is probably around £250.....but as I need the space just make me an offer of what she is worth to you.......catch up on the details and some pics on the other threads on here......an interesting boat with a bit of pedigree I think.... I have some up to date pics I can email.
Please PM me if interested in either........if I don't reply same day, it may be due to web problems.....been having a lot of trouble logging on to this site the last few days.
Sami.
Stephen Hawkins

Re: National 12 "Spider" and my Europa Moth for sale

Post by Stephen Hawkins »

Sami,

I feel very sad about your predicament. You really do have my condolences, for sure.

I would love to take on your N12, but I have 2 already and both need some work, one, quite seriously.

I hope things improve for you soon.

Regards

Steve Hawkins
Steve Hawkins

1967 National 12 2383 "Sparkle"
solentgal

Post by solentgal »

Thank you Stephen.....yes it is a sad situation all round.

If no-one on here is able to take Spider on, then I think I'll have to try and finish her off and put her online in a more general way......but I would like to part with her before the School holidays start really!

All offers considered.
Sami.
Stephen Hawkins

Okay,

So I blinked first, and I am taking on Spider from Sami. I am picking her up this afternoon.

I will quickly complete what work Sami has started and get her back on the water - 'toot sweet like' - in my bestist Frernch.

Elaine, my better and more sensible half, has at least stopped spitting feathers :shock: But I know it is going to cost me down the line :|

The plan is to rotate her with Sparkle, so I can bring Sparkle home and re-deck her next month - its the easier job, between Sparkle and Planet.

After that, Spider will probably be my winter boat, whilst I tuck the other two away, and we will see what is to be done in the Spring.

Lets hope the traffic is not too busy this afternoon. The trip to 'twixt Chichester and Pompy' should not take too long.
Steve Hawkins

Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Bon Voyage!
Rupert
Stephen Hawkins

And I might be bringing its shrouds to Whitefriars tomorrow, as I think a new pair is needed.

Rupert, you will have to point me towards the guy with the tools to make a new set up......

See, I knew I would get you involved one way or another....

Cheers
Steve Hawkins

solentgal

Post by solentgal »

Hopefully Spider is now safe and sound in Swindon......sad to see her go, but the right decision under the circumstances......as evidenced by the most almighty commotion/street brawl half an hour ago in what was a nice quiet street this afternoon when Spider was being loaded......thankfully we weren't the subject of the latest incident this time!
Happy sailing Stephen.......maybe I'll see her afloat at some point :)
Sami.
Stephen Hawkins

Home, safe and sound. Very busy on the road, but no serious delays.
Steve Hawkins