Lady Hamilton on eBay...

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Now this takes our modification thing to extremes. I remember reading about the changes with a sense of dismay many years ago, but without them she would probebly be dead in a field somewhere by now...Makes me glad that Lady Helmsman is in a museum, which is saying something, as I'd love to liberate her!
Rupert
Mark

Post by Mark »

If she were original I would sell the kids to have her....
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Mark You would have to fight me first.
Alan
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

my money's on Alan
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
davidh

Post by davidh »

I remember them launching this down the old seaplane slipway at Petters (hamble).... only light winds but wow..an impressive sight!
I guess though it's one of those cases where the actual purchase cost of the boat is nothing compared with the ongoing costs.

If someone in the association does buy her then there HAS to be an event at Netley next year...... lots of cats there so they'd be lots of interest!

D
David H
Mark

Post by Mark »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by neil</i>
<br />my money's on Alan
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
so is mine
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Guy's joking aside the price is already at £3000. This boat I feel is not to the Spirit of the CVRDA as the only original thing about it is proberbly the name. To call her now a C class is not correct she is 26ft long to big for box rule which determines A ,B,and C class cats and carries way in excess of 300sqftof sail permitted under the C class rules. May well be hot snot but no longer a C class cat. I know of an original C class A Hellcat no. 3 which is sailed in in N.Ireland and is immaculate. The ownwer purchased her new in 1963 and built a boat house to keep her in and a slipway to lauch her from as the slipway at that time was to narrow.The last Cat group news letter had details of this craft. and I've some photographs somewhere. Interestingly she competed in a regatta last year a struggled against Spitfires and Formula 18's on handicap. This Hellcat is the boat I would like to own if I could afford it.

Cheers Al Shark 41, Finn 340, Dolphin 30, NOD 694. Nacra1 879
PS
Jon Montgomery of Catapult, Flying Streak and Flying Cat fame and his father also designed a C Class Flying Fox details of which can be found in Reg White's book. Jon is trying to find out for me whether this boat is still around, he thinks it still is and will see if I can take it on.
Mark

Post by Mark »

There were a collection of "Flying" Cat designs at Eastbourne in the Mid '60s, no sign of a C though
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox