Moth wants to fly again

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Ditta

Moth wants to fly again

Post by Ditta »

Hi,
I tried to moth in the January, but found in the end that I have simply not got the time to do her justice. So, would you like a Moth?
Check out all the conversations etc on the forum pages "what moth is that" to see what it's all about.

She is free to anyone who is interested in restoring her. She is currently stacked in a shed in Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, which, no doubt is a very long way from wherever you are. No worries, I can arrange postage as long as you pay for it. I will even lovingly wrap her up to ensure she travels well. There is no launching trolley or road base to go with her, but at around 23 kg she will snugly fit and travel on roof bars if you fancy visiting the far NorthEast.

The hull has several holes, but generally sound. She has foils I can collect from the previous owner, though no mast, sails or anything else. I also failed to find a hull number though it looks like she once had ID plates (now long gone).

So, send me an email, post a reply and start dreaming mothy.
Ditta
Attachments
P1170984c.jpg
bornagainmothie

Re: Moth wants to fly again

Post by bornagainmothie »

Hi Ditta

Its a pity you are unable to restore your "Skelly" as you hoped. It is certainly worth saving and would be a welcome sight at classic Moth gatherings. I have someone in our club interested in taking it on if we can arrange collection or postage! ( I would love to see their faces in the sorting office :D )
I think I have sent you a PM (never quite sure how that works) or could you email me with some contact details so my friend can get in touch with you.
click on my username for email link

Cheers

Lyndon