Competition?

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

chris

Post by chris »

One of them looks like a cadet.
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Miracle, minisail, ent, Man of War?
Al
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

1st 3 certainly, but you have me stumped on the Man of War(?) if that is what it is? Any info please?
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

Not certain if it is a 'Man of War'.... not quite right!

Where is the quart of paraffin and the Swan vestas?

D
David H
jpa_wfsc

Post by jpa_wfsc »

Its a graduate... I think. A "supergrad" all palstic one - they were very quick (used to crew in one).

Shurely Rupert will be interested in the minisail?

john./
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.
davidh

Post by davidh »

I'm with you on this one John - I thought it was either that or a Fleetwind. I always got the Grad, the Fleetwind and the Signet muddled up - but think you've won this one now.

It's an interesting thought that the 'cull' of the older dinghies is more marked at the smaller, lower performance end of the scale. One ownders how these classes will now face the challenge of the new smaller boats, the RS200, Feva, Vago and the like.

D
David H
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I was thinking it looked too long against the Ent to be a Graduate? Could be an illusion, though? (not the boat type, the optical sort!)
A minisail in Leeds? A little far for me, even for 99p!
Rupert
jpa_wfsc

Post by jpa_wfsc »

2nd picture down the left colum - showing mainly the ent and blue sails - shows the grad in a less distorted way?

john./
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Guy,s Man of War Single hander like big Laser 15ft Designed by Rod Macalpine-Downie(of Hellcat,Shark,ThaiMK4, Lady Helmsman and British Oxygen fame), for Chrysler in the States. Sailed one at Upton Warren as a Student(Club boat). Weird batten arrangement in that the batterns were inserted into the leech of the sail and pointed downwards. Plate was alloy and rudder tiller arrangement similar to a Hobie 14. Boat was more comfortable to sail than a laser deeper footwell and was about as fast. Fell foul to Laser marketing machine but is still popular in the States. Hull and deck of unknown very MOW. Rupert try searching for Chrysler Boats Man of War and you should turn up a few websites on the boat.

Cheers Al

David how about a piece on vintage Cats have loads of info and pictures of my shark some on last surviving Hell Cat, Seaskater, and one of 3 prototypes by Coleman from the early sixties a Flying Cat and shed loads of info on the Flying Series of Cats from Jon Montgomory, who I'm in contact with. As you are based in Southampton at Netley and Weston could you find out if there is any info on the Netly River Cat Fleet of the Sixties and the Weston Jumpaheads (once 30 boats strong) and if any survived.
Thanks Al
Ps. If you see any old interesting cats on your travels could you refer them to me. Thanks
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Yep your right further study shows bow wrong for MOW.I agree with Super grad.
Cheers Al
Mark

Post by Mark »

Is that a Hillman Imp hiding there as well? (RH middle)
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
davidh

Post by davidh »

Alan,

Wow....... you've just reminded me! I sailed on the Rivercats when I joined Netley Cliff as a very young sprog. We had rivercats, a Swift (which I broke) but the Jumpaheads were along the beach at (what was but isn't now) Petters SC - they had some C class cats there too.

Do you think that there could be mileage in an 'where are they now' for Cats?

Funniily enough - we've 2 Condors plus an old shearwater that still sails at netley so we could even possibly have the nucleus for a classic cat start........

THoughts?

D
David H
Alan Price

Post by Alan Price »

I see there is a Hillman Imp in the undergrowth behind the Miracle. Fancy a bit of a change in Toytown transport, Mark?
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi David
The Cat group welcomes any new members. The problem with us is that our boats are spread thinly throughout the Uk. Please could you include in your articles that there ia a classic cat group and that I can be contacted either through the board or at alanbow@yahoo.co.uk or work hours at 01752 777188 ext4286.
Cheers Al