Just relisted the ToY on ebay

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
davidh

Post by davidh »

Roger,

Am doing some gentle research on this right now - if I can find more I will let you know.

D
David H
roger

Post by roger »

Thanks David
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Roger So the Hornet Asoc. has woken up to the fact that no one is prepared to pay £10000 for a Bob Hoare horrible glass hornet ( and this from a person who sailed hornets for 40 yrs,and time they found aseveral other builders to produce a cheap boat)The old exhornet sailors at Brightlingsea and I all agreed that the decline of the class is due to the attitude of the ASSOC.
Which did nothing to encourage young people into the class or people to use their old boats
I put up a trophy for old boats (THE STROMBRINGER)which the revo's are now eligable for. I feel that they have left it far to late and that the class is in terminal decline. Other classes such as the scorpian have turned their decline around and are now enjoying a resergence.
Due to the fact that they proactively went out and encourage young sailors, lending boats, sourcing old boats for them and then providing something for them to race for. Equally look at the Larks they provide free or reduced entry to their events including the Nationals for youth and student sailors.Another view expressed at the weekend was that the Hornet became just another 16footer when the plank was thrown out and the trapeze brought in.
Cheers Al
davidh

Post by davidh »

Alan,

We've had a couple of the so called 'new' all glass boats at Netley - sadly one has just come back from being repaired after damage was found along aside the plate case.

Interestingly, we're also a Scorpion club so your comments are well made - they have done well to revitalise their fortunes.

We've the Hornet Open Meeting this weekend, if there is any news coming out of it then I'll pass it on, otherwise I would have to say that I broadly endorse your views.

The difficulty surroundind the question is still though... "where next for the Hornet". I don't have the answer though maybe I'll have a clearer picture - after the weekend

David
David H
roger

Post by roger »

David,
Hopefully see you at Netley this weekend. I am crewing as the revo is out of action (broken c/b at Lymington) and the planker is staying in the shed this year.
Roger
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353