Wooden Masts

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
cweed

Wooden Masts

Post by cweed »

I've got 2 salvaged masts needing homes.

I. 6.9 metres, Straight. No fittings apart from shroud hound / plate, and halyard sheaves. Set up for main and jib. Sound, needs revarnishing, but does have old repair of GRP cloth 'bandage' for about 75 cms, 45 cms above foot. The foot is square, there is a brass plate with a hole through near the foot. (is this to tie the mast into the boat?)

2. 6.0 metres, Straight. No spreaders but anchors for spreaders. Set up for internal halyards for main , jib & spinnaker (below forestay hound) Has had additional crane with external spinny halyard block screwed on. Foot is shaped to sit in narrow mast step. This is almost VGC, varnish is good, but 10 cms at foot step show there may be signs that the wood will need reglueing eventually.

I thought both of these, esp. number 2, are too good to burn....

I'm near Junct 11 of M25, Surrey
Michael4

Re: Wooden Masts

Post by Michael4 »

Cweed,

Very interested indeed, particularly number 2 but need to go and do some measuring first. Some idea of 'girth' would be a great help as would positioning of jib halyard sheave/hounds etc. Also an educated guess as to how far the solid section at the foot extends...

Don't burn 'em!

Best

Michael
Tideway 206
11+
Sold the 'Something bigger and plastic', it never got used.
cweed

Re: Wooden Masts

Post by cweed »

Michael4

Have sent you a pm..........