MiniSprint 6476 for sale

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Jon Rawson

MiniSprint 6476 for sale

Post by Jon Rawson »

MiniSprint 6476 for sale. One boat has to go. First the bad points - the hull is not immaculate. It is well used and the floor has been strengthened in front of and behind the sliding seat towers. That was because the original floor lay-up was wafer thin and had cracked in one place. There are various other minor repairs and some crazing. On the plus side it is pretty watertight, dry and light. Hatches have been fitted and all the deck hardware secured with stainless steel machine screws and penny washers so they don't pull out. The rudder and stock are good, with lifting and lowering lines and an alloy tiller extension. The seat and centreboard are in good condition and were painted/varnished last year along with the rudder. A new centreboard slot gasket was fitted. The control line cleats are better than the original ones and the lines stay put. There is a decent launching trolley - although not a perfect fit it is supportive and the boat travels well on it. (No road trailer) Good mast and boom. The sail is pretty decent for the age – soft but without any rips or tears. There is a home-made cover that does the job for trailing and storage. Boat is in West Wiltshire currently stored the dry. A snip at £100 as it has a decent trolley.
GAv

Re: MiniSprint 6476 for sale

Post by GAv »

I am very tempted but it is a heck of a drive, especially having most recently gone to Whitby to pick up my Harrier, I am going back this afternoon to retrace my sadly and very recently deceased Mum' holiday trips in the thirties, on the Filey Coast.

It sounds like it's the same type(Monaco as opposed to moulded in seat carrier, of the first one owned a Sprint 2 I believe. as mine now is the bolt in type.
Actually it could well have stayed put on a relatives Suffolk Farm however someone off the Minisail site said he was coming over by Ferry ( I live near the terminal) and could I keep it for him as he was then proceeding to the Nationals and would pick it up en route.

So making a special journey bringing it back, then it sat out front here admittedly with my other Wooden Minisail atop and bottom. Was my old Firefly, that got scrapped. They are both currently round the back.
Anyway I heard no more until polite mention of it was made on that site and some lame excuses. about plans changing, Ho hum nice if folk bother to let one know.

Apart from that I reckon it must be a good ten years since I aquired that Ninisprint hull and frankly I would rather not tow a trailer all that way, to deepest Wiltshire, or worse use the dreaded roof bars, aquired from Halfords and whence collection of yet another hull, £5 sir,never found all the bits another Fleabay Resnais as a woman had a soggy bottomed one and drove up from Sunny Southend on sea to purloin her..
Anyways for me it was worth a pleasant jaunt up the East Coast via Lowestoft and meet a biker club I'm In en route home , at Southwold.

Trouble is we had a sloping drive back then, and the boat slid down neatly down the windscreen after untethering, leaving two parallel wing dents. Didn't even break the paint, no worries on that score with the old cars I tend to use.That on my last Mondeo, but the bars do fit this current one , so maybe, and actually request some help at this end.

All that leaves me to the inevitable question, what is bottom dollar on it or the bits.

Please PM me, thanks Gavin.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Gav - the cvrda transport service may be able to help - we might even be going your way ourselves very soon with an empty towbar and the minisprint is just down the road here.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Jon Rawson

Post by Jon Rawson »

Gav - I am really looking for the hundred quid for the boat and trolley. The hull will never win a prize for looks and there are repairs (well one repair and three preventative patches) on the floor as per my Ad. But otherwise it is not bad and can be taken straight out and sailed. If no one wants it I'll squeeze it in somewhere and keep it.
Pat - Thanks for the offer of the CVRDA transport service.
GAv

Post by GAv »

Well if Pat is OK with it(I will obviously help with costs, assuming it is the detatchable seat housing type, as otherwise I have then 3 Minisails and not a usable one , unless its the Wooden wonder which really needs a full refurb now, , but I would like to at least try and get sailing again and frankly part of the reason I had an incident with The Sprite one being my girth (at least down to 18 stone, from 21 and a half, whereas the first Minisprint 2 s sliding seat was better, except with hastily rigged aft main, the sheet would invariably catch whatever one calls a twinnish boom transom sort of moulding and reaching over, to unravel it, the ass end(no not mine) was invariably under water, no probs on a self drainer,then I tried using the kicker pulley to try a middish ship main and the darn thing was planing so fast and the makeshift main cutting my handy andy, same that disasterous day on the Stour in Sandhopper now universally known as Mudplugger, then I got offered another Streaker resto project so away she went.
So in conclusion, my hull sounds the best, and the rest even off the Sprite, can make a good'un. Yep I'll go for it.

ps having not sailed , over 2 years again with a Harrier taking route on relatives farm, if I do not get on with the Bitsa Minisprint it will be back up for grabs post haste, as last major op and a move meant the reluctantly on a bonfire for 2 and a half boats, a Mirror , Streaker, and Half Phantom which all had good bits, most of which for the later Nessa on here had , and technically I have only 2 boats currently here, the two halves of my Firefly, went outback too and the sails now adorning a formerly Russian version of the FF in Lithuania.
Thanks Gavin