''VINTAGE" FIREBALL

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
infidel

''VINTAGE" FIREBALL

Post by infidel »

I am selling my Fireball, sail number 525. A modest offer will secure it, and I would be delighted if it went to someone who will appreciate it; hence here rather than eBay. The painted hull is in very good condition, the varnished decks and interior less so, but still sound, with deterioration in the varnish at the bow due to slight water ingress, and on a small area towards the rear of one of the side decks ( kept undercover, and under a cover, in a building with one open side.) There are two old mains, a jib, mainsheet with blocks, jibsheet, sound rudder and tiller, two centreboards, boom, very sound mast, though some of the running rigging could probably do with renewal, a cover, and a bespoke trailer. This will obviously go with the boat, but can't be used to transport her, as one tyre is shot, and there is a huge amount of play in the bearing on the same side (three nut hub). There are also a pair of fascinating early trapeze harnesses in the pictures which I have taken of her, and which I can mail if you wish. Please be aware that there is no spinnaker, as the rules didn't allow for one when she was built in Alderley Edge! Although I have looked after her for many years, and actually re-painted and varnished her a long time ago, I never managed to sail her, as a huge number of other collectable dinghies claimed precedence. You possibly know the feeling............................You're more than welcome to come and have a look. I'm in Market Drayton in north Shropshire. Stewart