Minisail 3446, Minim

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Rupert

Minisail 3446, Minim

Post by Rupert »

After a lot of thought, I've decided that Minim needs a new home. Family sailing plans are changing - Toybox the Mirror will also be sold, to create room for another family boat.

Minim is a Sprite variant if the Minisail family, made from plywood. She has been stripped, repainted and revarnished over the last couple of years, though there is a rubbed patch on the keel strip. The end of the can of paint can be supplied to cover this if I don't manage to do it before she sells.

Minim has won 6 class championships, CVRDA classics events and club trophies. She has decent controls that really work, and a recently made centreboard that has made her pretty fast upwind. The rudder now uses an 8mm stainless bolt to stop bending the usual pin. There is a little bit of "work in progress" on this arrangement, but it was used to win the 2016 champs at Staunton Harold, so works.

She comes with a 2 year old Morgan sail, developed by Ian Morgan with a little input from me to create a really fast sail at a good price - it is a standard battenless sail which sets beautifully. It has one very small cut in it which has been covered with sail tape.

She comes with a double stacker frame trailer if wanted. Minim fits underneath, and a wider boat could and regularly has fitted on above.

The trolley is home made specially to fit the boat, with a solid wood cradle and drain pipe handle.

There is a 3 or 4 year old breathable cover from Sail Register which is still in good nick, if a little grubby.

£400 including trailer, £250 without.

She is currently at Whitefriars SC north of Swindon.
Rupert
Rupert

Re: Minisail 3446, Minim

Post by Rupert »

Now sold. Should be coming to some cvrda meetings, being pretty expertly sailed by the new owner.
Rupert