early ent on ebay

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
stotty

Post by stotty »

Mirror, GP14(x2), Seadog, Blandford Nymph, and Pegasus awaiting complete rebuild!
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

That would be a labour of love...
Rupert
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

It looks as if the mast and boom are alloy - surely an Enterprise of this age would have been wooden masted? It also reminds me a bit about the 40 year old original brush - you know - the one with 3 new heads and two new shafts but still original. Would this be an old boat if you replaced all the "ply skin"!!!!
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

I wonder if you bid £1.50 would you pass the reserve
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

If ever there was a "free to a good home" this is it!
Rupert
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Now i love enterprises but i think a gallon of petrol and a box of matches is the future for this one !! hey how about a cvrda bonfire night with a ritual of burning old boats ?? oops forgot we are supposed to be preserving them.Silly me , good idea tho .
DJSpencer-Smith
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Now i love enterprises but i think a gallon of petrol and a box of matches is the future for this one !! <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Now... I'm not agreeing with the first bit, but the second part is certainly the best option for that Ent, <s>and infact all ents !!</s> Ooops, thinking out loud again !!:twisted:
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

The winner paid £57 for her - I hope is is a good carpenter! Would be lovely to see, in a year or so, a pic somewhere of the refurbished boat, looking great, out for a sail. Actually, make that 2 years!
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

A salutory tale about the gallon can of petrol and box of matches!

At Netley last year we ran a successful nationals for the kestrels and Shearwaters (yes, together, they didn't seem to mind) . On the day they all departed the helpers had a party (it was in aid of all the old stock in the bar that needed clearing out before normal club business resumed), I guess it became what is known in the bar trade as a 'lock in'.

As it was a warm starry evening it was thought fun to continue out on the beach where a bonfire was made. Now..... what else to add. Up in the elephants graveyard was a Leader that had been kicking around for ages, repeated attempts to contact the owner over the previous 2 years had failed so.... damnit those boats are heavy but with enough hands (and assistance from the alcohol) the hull was soon atop the fire. One bright yotter, maybe more sober than the rest, pointed out how well the boat's paint has lasted and how it was still good enough to blister up in huge ballons.

Next morning.... man turns up with brushes, white spirit and (B&Q outdoor) paint...where's his boat???????? He'd bought it off e-bay, told no one, was just keeping it at the club as that was what he thought people did! Our Commodore, nursing a murderous hangover, directed the guy to a lrage blackened circle on the stones...... maybe not the most tactful of moves.

In the end the club paid out a small sum in the way of compensation, worth every penny for seeing someone root around in the stones, find a blackened 2"x6 screw and ask the guy "is this your boat Sir"......

D
David H
Brian E. Evans

Post by Brian E. Evans »

So let me get this straight.
The original owner leaves the boat in an abandoned state at the sailing club/yacht club. Ignores all requests to do something about his boat. Then sells it and tells no one. Buyer also does not tell anybody, particularly the fleet captain or the treasurer so that nobody will bill him. Then is surprised when he finds his boat disposed of.
Is this a fair assessment?