Hornet 140

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
roger

Post by roger »

Regretfully I am looking for a new home for my old sliding seat Hornet. She is the oldest one I know of still sailing and was recently refurbished (2004) and relaunched at the CVRDA nationals at Roadford that year.
She is a lovely boat to sail with lots of thrills and the occasional spill and despite popular belief she is easy to sail and crew.
Whilst she is no where near her original layout the main frame of the boat is still original.
I have pics of her sailing and some of her in bits.
I will be sorry to see her go but she hasnt been sailed this year and I dont want to see her rot away in a barn. I would like to see her enjoyed on the water. There is some minor cosmetic work needs doing but otherwise she is ready to go.
Three suits of sails (one suit measured in 1976 and one suit earlier) but one goodish set. and one spinaker.
Old Hornets dont fetch much but she does need a good home. Offers?
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Pat

Post by Pat »

I have some photos of her from Roadford 2004 concourse and sailing, including a little movie, she's a lovely boat and I hope she fnds a caring owner.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)