Enterprise 12 for sale

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
whacko!
Location: Emsworth, Hants; usually sail in Chichester Harbour

Enterprise 12 for sale

Post by whacko! »

Hi all,

Apologies if you know all about this particular Enterprise that's presently on the market.

Enterprise K12 is being advertised on Dinghies & Dinghy Bits for Sale : http://www.facebook.com/groups/dinghies ... 3795519061

I have fond memories of sailing this boat at Dell Quay SC in the 1970s and would buy her if I had storage (sound familiar?!) but I haven't!

She has a very interesting pedigree in that she took part in three of the cross-channel races (1957, 1960 and 1961) and also retains her original self-bailers (the vertical cylindrical ones).

It would be a great shame if she was sold to someone who didn't appreciate her history and elements of originality.

Chris Turner
Fireballs 6 & 15111
PintPlease

Re: Enterprise 12 for sale

Post by PintPlease »

Hi,

I'm new to the group.

I bought this boat (Elizabeth), she will get a bit of TLC over the winter and all being well be sailing again on the river Hamble come the spring. I learned to sail in an Enterprise in the 80's and have sailed and looked after some (much) larger wooden boats since.

I am looking forward to getting her on the water and have the privilege of enjoying a piece of sailing heritage.

Any history you can give on her will be appreciated. I was aware of the cross channel races and have 3 brass E's which i presume relate to that as they are stamped with the years. I will be looking for a suitable place to mount them.

Now where's that sandpaper?!

PintPlease
chris

Re: Enterprise 12 for sale

Post by chris »

At the Holt centenary at Chichester I met the lady who had sailed Ent 2 in the first channel crossing when they sailed no’s. one and two to prove they were sea worthy boats. Although now advanced in years and frail she was such a spirited lady and chatted so enthusiastically about it. They set off at 3.00 in the morning wearing lots of jumpers and no life jackets. I felt as if should we have suggested we set off again there and then she would have relished the trip again.