anyone fancy Wayfarer 464?

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
TheGuvnah

anyone fancy Wayfarer 464?

Post by TheGuvnah »

Ooh wouldn't mind a Wayfarer... no no I musn't... but then again??? ... no; get a grip man, you've already got a job list a yard long!

But somebody might fancy this. W464 needing not much work by the look of her.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WAYFARER-WOOD ... 1438.l2649

not sure what's going on round the back though?

I bought W464 about 6 years ago with the intention of restoring her to her former glory. However it soon became apparent that I don't have the skills or knowledge. Now having to downsize so she must go. I reckon she is around 50 years going by her sail number. She was completely stripped down to bare wood though I have painted her hull with non epoxy paint. During my failed restoration I was unable un screw the keel band but the majority of the other original bronze fittings have been removed. In my opinion considering her age she is in remarkable condition and I believe she hasn't been in the water for years but stored somewhere dry. She comes with her original trailer which I couldn't guarantee is road worthy and is fully intact except for the aft hatch, tiller, rigging and various fittings. Viewing is essential and I would be more than happy to answer any questions. She is at present store in a dry shed in north Norfolk
Currently sitting in Norfolk for £100. Thought I'd also send him an email asking the whereabouts of the bits he's removed (binned, boxed or sold) and what's the situation re the transom?

Guv
...well if it was easy everybody would have one.
TheGuvnah

Re: anyone fancy Wayfarer 464?

Post by TheGuvnah »

Seller confirms that all the stripped off fittings have been retained and the transom hasn't had a repair, the photo must have been taken halfway through stripping the paint.
TheGuvnah

Re: anyone fancy Wayfarer 464?

Post by TheGuvnah »

TheGuvnah wrote:But somebody might fancy this. W464 needing not much work by the look of her.
...actually needing some major work by the sound of it. A brief exchange with the vendor reveals that there is a leak at the centre board case - (failed original mastic?) - and getting that one out to re-bed it looks to be a degree of magnitude more involved than extracting the Osprey's as it picks up the king post/s on either side and also the transverse floors. :(