Swift catamaran number 5

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
PeterV

Swift catamaran number 5

Post by PeterV »

Swift number 5, built in 1958 is for sale.
This catamaran was completely restored last year with the hulls epoxied, new decks and a new front beam. She is finished in varnish all over and is all in original specification. The mast is an alloy rotating IYE mast in good condition and the boom is wooden. Rudders and daggerboards are in good condition. She has a new jib which pulls very well and 2 mainsails, one is the original and the other is more modern with all tufnol battens in reasonable condition. She has been raced a couple of times this year and is completely ready to go now with the exception of one tiller which has broken. I have bought the wood to replace this and may have it done before sale.
The Swift catamaran was designed by the Prout brothers as a smaller version of their Shearwater catamaran. It is only 14’6” long and 6’ wide so is easy to store and keep. They can be sailed with a crew of 2 or singlehanded and were originally similar to a Hornet and Fireball in speed.
I am only selling because I’m moving house and will not have the room to keep her inside as well as my other boats.
I’m not asking for any particular price, I was given her free on the understanding that she would be restored to sailing condition. I’ve done that and any contribution to the costs of restoration would be appreciated, but more important is that she goes to someone who will appreciate this very rare catamaran.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
PeterV

Re: Swift catamaran number 5

Post by PeterV »

Is anyone interested, I'd really like to find her a good home before I move.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
PeterV

Re: Swift catamaran number 5

Post by PeterV »

Has now been sold.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash