Vintage Moth for sale...

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
realnutter

Vintage Moth for sale...

Post by realnutter »

Due to a change of plans, I'm selling my early Skol moth.... It seems to be a Skol SD (self draining) made by Salterns, before Rondar took over and called it the Skol 2...

It's 1970 vintage, sail number K2992, and I'm the third owner!! The previous owner bought it at 1 year old, sailed it, broke it, fixed it, and finally left it upside down in his front garden where I spotted it, and rescued it!

The slightly darker blue patch just behind the mast step is a repair following a dismasting in the boat park... the mast came off it's peg, and fell through the deck, and out the bottom of the hull... It's a 40 year old repair, so I've left it as is, a nice bit of history.

It is pretty original, with a Neelespar rotating mast, and a pair of very good sails, one full size (low aspect, not fully battened), and a little one for very windy days, which is the better of the two..

I've re-rigged it, including new shrouds and forestay, and a new wire halyard.. new ropes throughout, plus a new, more recent rudder stock and tiller, new rudder in mahogany... I've added a couple of hatches in the deck to enable me to reach the kingpost to check it (it seems fine) and to replace the ply reinforcement in the transom, for the pintles to bolt to... The ply was fully coated in polyester resin before going in (unlike the original).

It came with a trailer, which I've renovated, giving it new bearings, wheels and tyres, and a new hitch. The trailer now sports a moulded cradle to support the boat. I does not have a mast support pole though...

The hull requires a little work to make it usable... there's a small squareish hole in the transom which needs patching, and some patches which I think are osmosis, mostly hidden under the gunwales...

I've spent about £300 getting it to where it is, and would like to recoup as much of that as possible, so I'm open to sensible offers.. The boat's in Reading.... No lighting board with it, I'm afraid.... otherwise can be towed away...

Matt

Matt

Int Moth K2992
realnutter

Re: Vintage Moth for sale...

Post by realnutter »

Matt

Int Moth K2992