Merlin 1842

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
chris

Merlin 1842

Post by chris »

Have just been told about this boat which is at Hunts sailing club.it is sound so a project but not a difficult one.
No. 1824 is a Wyche and Coppock Star Rocket (Noakes design).
Hull is very good condition with blue paint outside in fair condition. Could be rubbed down and repainted. A few dark patches inside where the varnish has lifted but the ply is still sound. Deck is sound but needs new varnish.
Proctor Ali mast and two booms. The rigging is there but old. Some old sails from the 70s that are useable but not wonderful. There is a spinnaker and pole etc.
The cover is old but just sounds serviceable for a while and bouyancy bags sound as if they are past their sell by dates. The boat is presently outside with the cover on and two tarps over it all.
It is on a trailer which is no longer roadworthy, no launching trolley .
The only thing missing is the rudder and tiller. ( I think I may have something suitable in my shed)

This would make a good minor project as no woodwork is involved and you would end up with a good inland club boat as well as a CVRDA winner!
I hope someone will take this on especially as is free but does not require too much work.
Obscured by clouds

Re: Merlin 1842

Post by Obscured by clouds »

I suspect that there are very few star Rockets left - I don't think that there were very many in the frst place. A bit far for me tho.
Tony

MR 2404 Julia Dream
N18 276 Sibrwd [ongoing project]
Hirondelle catamaran Kalipse
[down to 3!]
Stephen Hawkins

Post by Stephen Hawkins »

In another world, it would probably go very well with my Starfish N12. But alas, now is not the time.

Steve
Steve Hawkins

1967 National 12 2383 "Sparkle"
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Glad to report that "Dr Syn" has been taken on by Tim Medcalf at Tammy. He will be picking her up early April.

Mike Liggett.