GONE - please remove

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
slimtim

GONE - please remove

Post by slimtim »

As the devil makes work for idle hands I have taken on a new project in the form of a MK1 Firefly - 60 years old and has spent the last 20+ in the back of a garage. Extremely original with all brass fittings and so on.

Anyway, she came to me on a suitably old style trailer (with a current size hitch) which I'm unlikely to use. In addition, I have new spares in the form of a wheel, axle, bearings and so on.

If it rings any bells, the trailer's forward support is able to pivot to make unloading easier. Also, the wheels are secured by a single bolt rather than the more current four. Would suit a dinghy of approx 12ft.

It actually towed extremely well and the suspension etc is fully functional. Oddly, it doesn't have supporting chocks except those in the middle. Definitely classic and veteran.

The trailer is located at Tamesis (Teddington) and I'm happy to give it away - although I'd be even happier to swap it for some of the things I need for my Firefly (little-used sails, a cover that isn't full of holes and might resist some water, a launching trolley, etc)!