International 14, 'Mordicus', K 613, POW winner

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
tefwatling

International 14, 'Mordicus', K 613, POW winner

Post by tefwatling »

A friend without internet has asked me to post a message on the forum regarding his International 14, ‘Mordicus’ (K 613), winner of the Prince of Wales Cup (P.O.W.) 1952. She is a Fairly Marine build, to an Uffa Fox design. She is varnished inside and out, but has been laid up for the past 10 years.

She has had a lot of time spent on her, but a small area of rot has recently appeared by the keel towards the stern. The veneer in this area has delaminated slightly. She was initially advertised for sale for £500, but I think significantly lower offers would be considered since discovering the work that needs doing (the priority is finding a good home for her). She will needed skilled attention before she can be sailed.

2 x mainsails and 6 x jibs (terylene and wrong numbers) included, 1 x mast and boom, paddle, buoyancy (built-in tanks and bags), and a cover. She is being sold without trolley or trailer.

Please contact me if you are interested (tefwatling@gmail.com). I can provide further information and photos, or put you in touch with the owner. It would be nice to find a good home for her.

Located near Winchester, Hampshire.