ToY on Ebay

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
angus

Post by angus »

N2153, N2969, Merlin Rocket 3484, Mini Sprint
davidh

Post by davidh »

You'd have to be a very desperate 'planker' but then again.....this is true to the ToY ideal - cheap and lots of fun!!

Hoow are you getting on with your's Angus?

D
David H
angus

Post by angus »

Struggling would be the best way to discribe it. I've got on better since I borrowed a helmet off somebody, but the boom is so low I think I need a cricket box as well.
I'm ok in a straight line its the corners that I have problems and the RO keep wanting me to go round marks. Are well my swimming is improving.
davidh

Post by davidh »

Angus,

Now you've got me really worried! I've not sailed for more than two months now (since the rack on my Blaze snapped, injuring my leg) but I'm close to getting afloat again. Once I can sail the Blaze without any problems with the leg then my very next activity is to get the Unit across from the Island. Once that's here I think I too will be joining you in the handling problems, maybe the next tee shirt should read "Single Handed plankers swim better' or something along those lines!!

Keep at it..... you'll have company then come the event north o'the border next year

D
David H
angus

Post by angus »

david see what I have just spotted on ebay the chair at the back maybe the answer for us struggling oldies
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rowing-boat-modif ... dZViewItem
davidh

Post by davidh »

Angus,

Thanks for this - like Mastercard this is 'priceless'!!!!!!!!

I can think of a whole heap of other replies though - starting with 101 uses for a (dead) Hornet!!!

Shouldn't mock BUT........ I did find this VERY funny!!

D
David H
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

It doesn't say if it is a sliding seat though but I suppose if you loosened the screws ..........
Trevor C

Post by Trevor C »

Not sure what a masercist is but I have put in a low bid. How hard can it be to put the bits together?
Uffa Fox Jolly Boat - J9
Mirror - 34359
Hornet - K140

Please see http://www.justgiving.com/160miles for my charity ride to Paris in May
angus

Post by angus »

I,m not sur either, but it sounded right even if it didn't look right. Is that the toy or the hornet your bidding for. from my experience the hard bit about the toy is the boooooooom (ouch).
By the way if you get it watch how you approach any cadets "would you like to see my new ToY".
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

A masochist says "Hit me, Hit me" and a sadist replies "No , no!!" So using Anus' analogy the boom is a sadist and he definitely is a masochist.
davidh

Post by davidh »

Tisch,

such talk on a sailing website.Funny, I always thought that the sadist was either (a) the person doing the hitting or (b) the Race Officer that makes you do another lap when you're cold, wet and/or leading!!!

But Angus is none of these: anyone who sails a single hander has to be, by definition, special; sailing a performance singlehander (ie, NOT a Finn) more special and a classic performance singlehander (IC, ToY etc) top the league.

I've done some silly things in life - sailing an extreme pondie Merlin on open water or back in the early days of twin wire, big Kite 14's (before the hulls got some more stability) but they're still a doddle compared to the likes of the ToY and ilk in breeze!

Trevor - I hope you can win the bid...another boat will make thinsg even more interesting!!

D
David H
angus

Post by angus »

I ve got it a masercist just gets hit, maybe I should shout hit me just before I tack.
Or using the Anus analogy Gary can smell and I can't.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

The boom on my ToY didn't seem that low? But then I'm a Firefly sailor and have owned a Europe...
I had trouble in light winds in mine - ah, just remembered, you have the big rig, don't you? Maybe you should dig out an old Solo sail while you learn?
Rupert
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

What a very unfortunate typo!!
angus

Post by angus »

Rupert
I think it is the big sail, Or I am older and stiffer than I think The Guy I bought it off was over 60 (supose he still is).I've been looking for a solo sail to try.