ToY on Ebay

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by angus</i>
<br />Rupert
I think it is the big sail, Or I am older and stiffer than I think The Guy I bought it off was over 60 (supose he still is).I've been looking for a solo sail to try.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

here you go....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Solo-Main-Sail_W0 ... dZViewItem
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
davidh

Post by davidh »

Gary is clearly trying to get to the bottom of things in this string!
D
David H
angus

Post by angus »

Thanks Neil or following the tradition of this string Nell, but you do realise that if I do get it that could be my excuse out the window.
N2153, N2969, Merlin Rocket 3484, Mini Sprint
chris

Post by chris »

Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Already £31 too much!
Rupert
Trevor C

Post by Trevor C »

I bought the Toy that started this thread, I have not collected it as yet. But, how hard can they be to sail?
Uffa Fox Jolly Boat - J9
Mirror - 34359
Hornet - K140

Please see http://www.justgiving.com/160miles for my charity ride to Paris in May
angus

Post by angus »

I set you an email before I saw this post. They are probably not that difficult to sail. The hull shape is quite stable but because they are narrow once they start to go they go quite quickly. My main problems stem from the big sail which leaves not a lot of room under the boom and the fact I had never sailed with a plank before. If yours has a big sail I suggest you always tack behind the board and you get a helmet. Tacking behind the board feels all wrong because you are so far back in the boat, but there just isn't enough room going over the top of the board. The boom tends to try and sweep you over board and if it meets resistance the boat topples over. But they are dead easy to right as long as the main isn't stuck in the jammer. Also comming from a N12 I was not used to centre sheeting although I know how to do it it just wasn't working and I gave up trying to do it properly and just concentrated on getting under the boom.
I have only sailed it 3 times and I am improving rapidly.
have fun
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I didn't find it difficult to sail, just difficult to sail fast! The tacking behind the seat I agree with. Also, the mainsheet arrangement I found very heavy, so I changed it to rope strops across the boat, which got in the way, but even with a 3:1 were easier to use than the old 4:1. the 1st strop was the exact length to meet the boom block when sheeted in, and the 2nd strop was lower and held a ratchet block from which the tail came to me on the seat. There must be a better way to do it, as the strops weren't great in light winds when sitting forward of the seat, but they certainly saved the arms! On the bigger sail, keep a 4:1!
Rupert
Trevor C

Post by Trevor C »

Well, the ebay seller of the ToY has relisted it as I did not collect it fast enough! So, anybody got a singlehander of any type for sale for next to nothing? I can collect but not within a few days! Thanks
Uffa Fox Jolly Boat - J9
Mirror - 34359
Hornet - K140

Please see http://www.justgiving.com/160miles for my charity ride to Paris in May
angus

Post by angus »

Is this cheap enough, maybe not quite as exciting as a toy mind you.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/British-Moth-Sail ... dZViewItem