Solo 1167 - Free to a good home

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Rich

Solo 1167 - Free to a good home

Post by Rich »

Stone built Solo from the late 60's in need of repair\refurb. Boat has been stored in my garage for the last 4 years and is dry with no rot that I am aware of. Decks are stripped ready for varnishing however she will probably need re-decking at some point as the veneer is now thin.

Most fititngs and control lines present, there is an old Batt sail which is servicable but won't win you any races. There is a basic launching trolley but no road trailer. There is no cover and so she will need collecting on a dry day.

The hull, sail & lauching trolley are located in Newbury RG14. There is also a Needlespar mast & boom however these are at Henley Sailing Club RG10 and so if these were wanted you would need to collect from two locations, though this could be done on the same day.
Rich
Rich

Re: Solo 1167 - Free to a good home

Post by Rich »

This is no longer available. I cleared the garage out at the weekend to get a good look at the boat and take some photos before advertising it elsewhere and have come to the conclusion that the decks are solid enough and do not to need replacing, and so have decided to do the refurb\repair work myself. I am keen to get back into sailing though at 14 stone I'm too heavy for an old Solo with a bendy needlespar mast but she will do for now.

Apologies in advance for any stupid questions that will appear in the Maintainence & Repair section of the forum as things progress :D .
Rich