N1713 Free

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
charlespsmith

Post by charlespsmith »

N1713 is in restoration. That is the transom and worst bit of the hog has been done - nicely. Seats and knees have been removed and rubbing down (back to beautiful mahogany) has started as with the thwart. The hull seems sound except where one plank has lost its glue joint with its neighbour thanks I renewing as always. No sails, trailer useable, trolley not. Wooden mast with boat capabnle of restoration, "wonderful" rudder

Now, my knee has finally decided no more sailing (actually the doc decided) - so would anyone like to take on Fugitive. She is a MK8 we think. Details on http://www.tradboat.co.uk We were given the boat and will be happy to give her to an enthusiast who will finish the work

Charles Smith
01483 429792
info@tradboat.co.uk
Boat currently at Frensham Pond Sailing Club near Farnham Surrey. We are away for a short break for the five/six days but will be happy to show her after that. Mark and Chris have seen her already. We are keeping 2017 Pendle Witch just in case there are some light days!
Charles Smith
charlespsmith

Post by charlespsmith »

We seem to have gotten into a little muddle there hitting the INS key I should think. Of the planks where the glue line has gone it is thanks to the boat being pulled down on to a trailer too hard at some time. And other the bit was that the decks will need renewing as you would expect, although I have kept the origonals as patterns

Cheers
Charles
Charles Smith
Mark

Post by Mark »

Very sorry to hear that Charles..
1713 is a beautiful boat and a worthy project, absolutely perfect for someone who is moving house and needs something to do while his wife unpacks
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I wasn't even allowed a £30 Minisprint off ebay today...something about having enough on our plates...
Sorry to hear about the knee, Charles - can you go 2.4M sailing?
Rupert
chris

Post by chris »

Yes, very sorry to hear about your knees, Charles - but then you go on to say you have removed your seat and knees having rubbed them back to bare mahogany ... very odd!
I do hope you find someone to take this on, having seen it it is already well on the way, most of the hard work done in fact.
Chris
PS if all else fails let me know.
roger

Post by roger »

Shhhh dont tell Lois
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
chris

Post by chris »

Not a word! But PLEASE find someone to take it on!