Sails on ebay.

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
STEVEB

Post by STEVEB »

Hi, anyone looking for sails might like the give this guys other items a look.
Steve
http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/Auction ... 40QQsofpZ0
STEVE
Mermaid 137
Laser 41420
Streaker 1331
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I think that will be a chap called Keith Bond, who is trying to make a living out of 2nd hand boats and bits. I wish him luck, and hope he hasn't too many mouths to feed! If you look on Apollo Duck you will often see his name on the ads. I've spoken to him a couple of times, but never done business. I guess he is doing what we have all contemplated doing at some time or another. I know I decided that there no money to be had from it unless you turned into a boat breaker, and sold off all the kit and scrapped the hulls, which didn't seem like too good an idea!
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

Rupert,

I think you're right, this is Keith Bond working. I too wanted some bits, sadly I wasn't able to hook up with him at bromsgrove after my travel plans changed. He may though be working in the right direction if he can get enough bits to build up that critical mass of bits - but I'd have thought that early on it would be time, space and 'resource' heavy!

I've kept his number to hand though and if I need gear (when I need gear being more correct) I'd try him again.

D
David H
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Is he the guy who does all the boat jumbles.....based over in Norfolk?

If so....he works damn hard.

He does have a very big collection of stuff and has found me a few things in the past

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
keithr

Post by keithr »

If it is Keith Bond he is Pete bonds son I think.

Pete was a legendary sailor/builder of Fireballs ( Severn Sailboats) we did battle a number of times at Clywedog and Abersoch, He may still sail on the Severn near worcester at a place called Wyre Piddle (honsetly!!!).

Keith R
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
stotty

Post by stotty »

wyre piddle famous for its vinyard product - however on avon about 12 miles east of worcester and severn
pete bond still producing fireballs i thiink ie about 12months ago
he used to have loads of old dinghies in his compound - useful for bits
Mirror, GP14(x2), Seadog, Blandford Nymph, and Pegasus awaiting complete rebuild!
stotty

Post by stotty »

Update on the Bond compound - my mother has driven passed it - its now devoid of sailing kit - i assume as by a previous comment these are the business remnants being sold - a local fibreglass company used to produce hull for mr bond they may still have the moulds!
UK beware i return next week, lock up yer daughters! - joking apart if anyone interested in hull or moulds let me know my uk address is not too far from Worceter
tony s
Mirror, GP14(x2), Seadog, Blandford Nymph, and Pegasus awaiting complete rebuild!