Merlin stick

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
davidh

Post by davidh »

Hi,

I've just spent a happy hour down at the old fittings barge, they do have the bit you want there BUT...it can take an age finding it!

While there I did clock what I think is the mast from the Merlin they had there (771 I think) that went as a flower pot. It's a gold Proctor complete with diamonds AND upper, forward facing diamonds. I'm not sure what they want for it.....

I think at the bottom of the pile is another old merlin stick, this one looks to be the old 'bare' ally mast, very old proctor I'd say.

I was keeping my eyes open for Garry who's rigging his mast up for Gannet, I did unearth an old IYE stick that I'd thought of cannibalising for the Unit - it ends in a square pad rather than the normal mast tenon - I'd say from heel up it's about 23 - 24'. If any of the old Merliners want a spare - give me a shout!

D
David H
stotty

Post by stotty »

old mk1 gp14?
tony s
Mirror, GP14(x2), Seadog, Blandford Nymph, and Pegasus awaiting complete rebuild!
davidh

Post by davidh »

Do they have masts tony? - I thought that they were steam powered!!

D
David H
stotty

Post by stotty »

strange you should say that - the next renovation is a gp14 and i also have a stuart double 10 engine! now theres a thought!!
tony s
Mirror, GP14(x2), Seadog, Blandford Nymph, and Pegasus awaiting complete rebuild!
davidh

Post by davidh »

Ha,

you could mount the stuart Turner in the coke locker under foredeck. Mind you, from what I knew of the GP crowd the coke locker might mean somnething else all together!

D
David H
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I once came across a Firefly that had had a steam unit put in it...it was on the Isle of Wight. I'd love to know if it still exists?
Rupert
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

There was also a Hornet modified to become a speed boat and another modified to a rowing boat.
Cheers Al
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

I thought a Hornet was a speed boat - it flew past me several times at Clywedog this year!!
davidh

Post by davidh »

Garry,

I've got the spreader bracket here - will try to get it into the post asap.

D
David H