remember this forum string???

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
davidh

Post by davidh »

A clue...have a look on ebay at..........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sailing-Dinghy_W0 ... dZViewItem

It could be a Vulcan but more likely to be a Wildfire, another of the classic Ian Proctor designs. They were nice to sail but heavy, later ones had quite a radical overhaul and weight reduction. Think about mixing a Kestrel with a Flying 15 - yet not getting the best of both.

Cheap sailing for someone though

D
David H
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Certainly with the ballast a Wildfire. Could solve Alan's boat righting problem!
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

Cor, I didn'tthink of that! They must nearly be as heavy as a Finn too! Alan could have the one with the built in Karzi too!

Ho ho hoho

D
David H
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

If it is truly 16ft, both the Vulcan and the Wildfire are 9 inches too long.

Maybe a Dodnor 16.

I think we need to see the sail emblem.

Nigel
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Thanks for considering me but I'll stick to the finn. I was reading an article writen by a finn sailor who recons that the Taylor finn is one of the most difficult to sail because of it's sensitivity to sail sheeting. Also there was now ay I could have righted the boat at Baltic Wharf with about 4ft 6 " of mast stuck in the mud. The yanks have developed a method for old boys to right finns which i'm going to try out when the weathers alot warmer. I found the water at Bristol so cold that I just lost my strength. I've also several boats that serve the purpose of being practicably uncapsizable the cats and the Dolphins so I think that in the winter I maywell sail a Dolphin at BWSC next year and the Shark at the Roadford meeting. I've also joined the Colleges Gym which I hope will improve my general fitness or kill me in the process.
Cheers Al
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

The sail has a "W" on it so Wildfire wins the prize :). A bonus point for not being distracted by the special tape measure that so often seems to be used on ebay....

Nigel
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Like the 14' Miracle I saw the other day!
Rupert
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I particularly like the vague ones....."Boat. 10 - 14 ft long. Belonged to my uncle" as a description and a picture of something lurking under a tarpaulin, taken at night.

They help to pass the time on dark winter evenings :).

Nigel
davidh

Post by davidh »

But - we can also live in hope that just one in a while the advert written

"fortein foot saleing dinghe"

is actually some hidden gem, just waiting for liberation!

D
David H
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

:) Who knows what a phonetic search engine could turn up (Besides dingy dinghies).

Nigel
angus

Post by angus »

i hop yor knott noking mi smelling
buy the weight mie ToY is still up for grabs 1st £600 secures.
N2153, N2969, Merlin Rocket 3484, Mini Sprint
davidh

Post by davidh »

Now now Angus,

'tis the season of peace and goodwill to all (even for those heathens north of the border) so we'll not make any comments like "but you spell like that up there anyway" and instead tell you to keep the ToY and sail it in the Scottish Classic event that really ought to happen next year! (unless of course you're going to trail a boat all the way to Netley!!)

Good luck in moving the ToY on, I hope it goes to a good home

D
David H
angus

Post by angus »

Unfortunately there is not room for my son at the front of my ToY and her who will not get her feet wet has decread that I can not get an more boats till I get rid of some so my china doll has already gone but don't worry I will have somthing for the Scottish event. By the way found yourweb site the other day good stuff.
Never did manage to get any pictures, but the amount of interest there has been in it I will probably still have her come the spring.
davidh

Post by davidh »

Thanks Angus........... if you do get somepictures and would lik ethem included in the 'Toy Store' which is the next file to be created then please send them in.

I bumped into a Contnder sailor recently who'd started out on ToYs and enjoyed the trip down memory lane about the boat. I'm now working on a 'History of the Contender' and the Toy gets a good word in that too.

Seems like merlin could be the boat for sailing up North next year.....

D
David H
angus

Post by angus »

Yep old merlins seem to be getting popular up here but i think I will stick with national 12s are all up weight of under 16 stone seems better suited to them and I'm not sure if we are up to a spinnaker yet. I'm looking for a baggy to get a bit more competive at thier open meetins at the moment but hope to have enough cash left over for a cheap clinker or 4 plank one. Had an interesting conversastion with Howard Stvenson last night owner of one of the original one plankers but I think I will have to get better storage facilities before I can convince him to part with her.