Does this count!!

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

chris

Post by chris »

It's an interesting bit of history and certainly old enough, and for multiple boat owners easy to store. Though personally I like the invention of the first inflatable dinghy invented by some Victorian explorer. It was made to be a rain-cloak you wear and then you could inflate it.There's a lovely engraving of him with it as a cloak and then happily sailing along using his umbrella as a sail. Can't find the book it's in at the moment can't remeber the details.
nick clibborn

Post by nick clibborn »

We had one of these - I learned to sail on it, tethered to the shore at Sampsons Bay, near Portmadoc. As you can see from the picture, it had a very fine entry, and was much quicker than it should have been, largely due to the small amount of wood(weight) in the design. And with no decks you had to keep it upright. As the boat collapsed flat, it was easy to transport on the roof, and took about 10 mintes to put together. I don't remember any problems, but the growing family dictated we swapped to something more appropriate. Hope it goes to a good home.

Nick
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

I was....or am still thinking about bidding on it.

It would be fun, just not sure how much it will to up to.

was very interesting when bid was 0.99p!!!!

but suspect it will now go for quite a bit more.

How much did that Aluminium boat go for!

lets see

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
keithr

Post by keithr »

ally boat went for £200 +
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Yup and the Prout for £133 something.

In all I think we are rather spoiled. We all know that if we wait a bit a nice classic racing dinghy will come up for next to nothing.

I don't think either of those prices for the Ali boat or for the folding Prout are actually too much. If I had the money, I would be happy to pay that for either of them. Both would hold their value easily and with a little money spent make a profit on e-bay or off I suspect. Those boats just have a larger market. I am sure I have mentioned, there is a guy in my village with a 9ft pram clinker dinghy. It is badly made in a cheap wood and was pretty horrible when new I reckon, since then it has been left full of water and has a trolley deformity. How much did you pay for that I asked? Oh £850 he says....happily...I should say.

On the other hand I bought my 14 for £375 spent over a grand on her and she is now worth much less...if I could sell her.

There is just a ton more interest in little silly historic boats than in some beautiful racing boats.

But anyway....if I had the money, I would of happily bought both.

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it