Mast

Post your requirements here
chris

Post by chris »

I'm in Frome, about half an hour south of Bath. As far as i'm concerned it really belongs to Ed still so talk to him re. cost and if it's available. I would say it could be made serviceable quite easily but does need a bit of attention first. Acouple of places in the luff slot where the joint has opened a bit, there is a spreader bracket but no spreaders, splendid winch bracket and ratchet but no wheel. Hounds fitting is held in place with non stainless steel bolt.

You're welcome to come and see, I work from home so day or night is OK, usually sail on sunday and tuesday evening .
jonathanR

Post by jonathanR »

So Chris, when exactly do you sleep. If at all, that is.

Jonathan
chris

Post by chris »

Not when I'm camping in your famous microclimate that's for sure. Boom-Boom!!!!
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

If you are still looking, I now know where there are two FD masts available, a Holt which needs a little t.l.c. for £175 or an Aussie Goldspar which needs fitting out for £125, there is also a boom if needed.
If you are interested I can pm you contact details
GBR74 ex custodian of
GBR384 Mickey Finnale (Taylor,wood)
GBR455 Rubber Duck (Taylor, grp)
FD GBR350 Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

....or if you are on a budget, the needlespars owe me about £20 each. Don't like to make a profit out of fellow enthusiasts so you are welcome to one for that.
Trevor C

Post by Trevor C »

Well Nigel, that sounds very reasonable. Ed and I are considering another option at the moment but if it is convenient to measure the ones you have that would be great. I understand the J mast is 6146mm in total but I would like to raise the boom a little!

Thank you
Uffa Fox Jolly Boat - J9
Mirror - 34359
Hornet - K140

Please see http://www.justgiving.com/160miles for my charity ride to Paris in May
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

7310 total and 1015 to the gooseneck. Round and tapered with an external channel for the sail so I think would be easily modifiable (that is why I picked them up). I want to keep one as I have a cunning plan involving a laser funboat and the Weymouth speedsailing week.

Nigel
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Urrr.....

6146 sounds a little short to me.....off the top of my head...thought it was a bit over 7m....might you of meant 7146?

Nigels mast sounds like worth following up.

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
Trevor C

Post by Trevor C »

Mast finally found and collected, about 1/2 the weight of the old one. Shame that the car broke down on the way home so the mast, trailer and car are in the repairers yard, hope to collect at the weekend and have on J9 by Netley.
Uffa Fox Jolly Boat - J9
Mirror - 34359
Hornet - K140

Please see http://www.justgiving.com/160miles for my charity ride to Paris in May