Finn Sail wanted for Blacktop.

Post your requirements here
David HL

Finn Sail wanted for Blacktop.

Post by David HL »

Hi, I've recently bought a classic Finn (Tiptree K248. built 1967 ) and am in need of a decent sail to go with a Needlespar black top. North dacron/terylene is the obvious type, but others considered. thanks. David H-L Suffolk. 01728 688568. [email protected]
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

There has been a problem obtaining good dacron sails for the Finn for some time now as most classic sailors will tell you. Most sailmakers do not wish to even quote for a new one due to the complications involved in matching a sail to your mast luff curve. The benchmark sail which was used in the Needlespar era was the North T3+B but they will not make one for you now.
Help may be at hand!! I recently aquired a very nice Raudaschl Finn and it came with a new T3+B. I Have found a top loft who is very keen to have a look at it with a view to doing something for us.
I have no commercial interest but am just trying to make sure we are able to have a source of new dacron sails for our boats.
If anyone is interested let me know as it will obviously help the lofts decision to go ahead if they know there is a market for them.
GBR74 ex custodian of
GBR384 Mickey Finnale (Taylor,wood)
GBR455 Rubber Duck (Taylor, grp)
FD GBR350 Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

So how many Finns are you up to? Put me down as interested in a replica North.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

Graham only has one Finn....as I agreed to buy the Raudaschl on Saturday while collecting my Pata. Two boats in one day - I'm going to be in so much trouble. :lol:
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
Pat

Post by Pat »

Only eight boats - you've still some catching up to do :D