Goose neck wanted

Post your requirements here
davidh

Re: Goose neck wanted

Post by davidh »

Nick,

have the brass gooseneck here in my hands, though right now it is still connected to a 2ft length of wooden mast!!!!!!

Do you want me to add a picture - just the sort of thing to make you start thinking of the real, post Florida world!

D
David H
nprice

Post by nprice »

David, You have to live for the here and now. Is there another world? it didn't get above 75F all day today. Hoping to sail at St Petersburg YC tomorrow. Watching from the balcony this evening, drink in hand, as a heron and an egret fight over a fishermans cast offs just below us.
It's not easy here! :cry:
Nick
davidh

Post by davidh »

Nick,

St Petes............. love it!

I was based out at Tierra Verde for a couple of months, in a house over looking the Intra Coastal Waterway. Used to lie in bed listening to the dolphins 'blowing' as they fished in the channel.

Have you been to the Hurricane Watch Tower for a blackened grouper sandwich yet? HAS to be done!!

Enjoy.... I'm not envious (much)..... when I think back that the owner of of the house I rented left a .44 magnum for me, under the pillow! I was dead dog tired, flopped onto the bed, only to find that the nicge fluffy pillow had some hard edges.

D
David H
nprice

Post by nprice »

Haven't eaten at the Hurricane since Wednesday evening and it was blackened scallops! Excellent food there.

Guns are scarey. We rented a house here once that had a cupboard full of them but never had one under my pillow!
Florida is not perfect, couldn't sail today because of thunderstorms and lightning. Appreciate your help with the goose neck and track, I'll get in touch when I get back.
Nick
davidh

Post by davidh »

Nick,

agree on the scary bit................

After half knocking myself sensless on the gun under the pillow I got around to wondering just how the owner knew I was going to sleep in that particular bed. A simple answer...all the pillows had guns under them - including the bed I'd just put my 8 year old son to sleep in...... phew.

Will gift wrap and post gooseneck, track and any other fitting gratis but instead of the usual sweetener of alcohol....would pay 'cash up front' for a bottle of florida Key lime joice!

D
David H
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hmmm..... "this is a 44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world"

Sorry, I have low taste in movies

Mark
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
davidh

Post by davidh »

You could have started the quote with a question.... now have I fired 4 time or 5, I was so busy I forgot to count.............
So do you feel lucky, Punk?

Go on, make my day.....................

One of the all time great movies

BUT... it's all a load of tosh too!

IN the films the guy slips his hand under the pillow and pulls out his gun.... I found it very uncomfortable!

D
David H
nprice

Post by nprice »

Key lime juice on the shopping list!
Nick
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

What you really need is Key Lime Pie, on a stick frozen and covered with chocolate........... mmmmmmmmmm

:D
davidh

Post by davidh »

Dave,

what do you think the Key Lime Juice is for???????

When you come down for the BoD plate and stick I'll try to remember to make you a KLP.

There is a very crafty desert trick - normally used for kiddies birthday party treats, it's a chocolate sauce that sets hard when drizzled onto ice cream. Chill down the KLP, then fast freeze (so just the outer skin is frozen) and then coat with the chocolate sauce. 5 mins back in the freezer, a quick dusting of icing sugar and angels will be dropping their tears onto your tongue!!

Anyway - enough of this Delia crap....... fancy coffee Sat am at the RYA stand?

D
David H
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

mmmmmmm KLP for breakfast - perfect! :P

I will be in early so yes let's do coffee. Call me if I have not called you.

cheers
D
davidh

Post by davidh »

Dave,

will do.

I'd suggest the RYA stand but that might be difficult.... they'll be gearing up for the VIPs so the likes of us (I can hear you say "speak for yourself") will no doubt get redirected to one of the coffee bars.

I aim to be there 10.... 10.30 so will be gagging for caffiene.... make mine a double.
(BTW... remind me to discuss the Brightlingsea OD - we may have to get some action on that shortly)

D
David H
davidh

Post by davidh »

yo Nick.... here it is!

Damnit - file too big...will try to make the picture low res

D
David H
nprice

Post by nprice »

I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours! :D
Nick
davidh

Post by davidh »

Nick,

Phew........ that was a close call! At the weekend one of the working parties cleared the corner of all the old masts, had I not 'saved' the wooden one when I did it would have been lost!

What I did also find was the broken top section, complete with the shroud and forestay 'tangs' - in brass again. Will they come in handy at all?

D
David H