Alloy rudder stock

Post your requirements here
Jools

Alloy rudder stock

Post by Jools »

I'm after a usable Moth sized alloy rudder stock, around 20cm overall in height. Rondar or similar. Is there one out there gathering dust in a shed that someone would part with?
Rupert

Re: Alloy rudder stock

Post by Rupert »

I'll go digging - it seems I should have one, but can't quite remember where or why...
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

If it is for a Moth then the Rondar stock will probably be a bit OTT, both in size and weight.

If you hunt around, try to go for the IYE version. Shiny and black, in the shape of a quadrant, it is about half the weight of the Rondar and much easier to put a simple tiller on to.

They did have one down at Alladins Cave..... can do the usual eyeball check if you want.

D
David H
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I've found the stock. It is a quadrent shape with a hole right at the top back corner. Bearing surface spacing 16.5cm, lower bearing to top of stock, 18 cm. ery light. Does that help?
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

Rupert,

that does indeed sound v much like the IYE stock.

The rondar version was much more substantial, an alloy casting with a centre spindle hole.

For a moth I'd have thought that would be perfect.

Interestingly, Contenders and the like seem to be moving slowly towards a rudder 'box' that you drop the blade in to..............

D
David H
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

I had one of the IYE yudder stocks a while ago - can't remember where I bought it BUtT the spring was missing although the nylon roller was still there. If you need a new spring apparently you can still get them from Doug Seagoe at 01702 291291 Hope this helps. Is this one of the stocks with an aluminium tiller which slides onto the top of the rudder? If it is then make sure that the pop rivets are in good nick as mine popped OK - OUT!!!!!
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

It is made by streetspar, who I have never heard of. Much more minimalist than the IYE stock.
Rupert
Jools

Post by Jools »

Many thanks Rupert. I've just measured up the scow and I think it would be perfect. If you'd sell it, would you mail me with a price at jupiter14@tesco.net. Thanks to all for the replies.