Frensham Frolics

Post your requirements here
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Chris - how we ignoring the Lark question - I wrote reams on it - as usual I couldn't stop...or am I missing some gentle irony?!
Rupert
chris

Post by chris »

Sorry Rupert, couldn't remember that one. perhaps a link back to the topic would be useful. I'll look through the old topics.
chris

Post by chris »

Can't find a topic that deals with larks so it is probably hidden within another topic - not going to spend the day reading everything.

Maybe this should have a definitive answer that features in the 'classes' part on the home page. It's a bit general there. I see the Lark is not included in the handicap sheet.

What is your view? larks qualify or not?
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Just higher up in this thread...and Yes!
Rupert
chris

Post by chris »

sorry Rupert, can't understand how I missed that. Very strange.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

According to a couple of old books, the handicap should be 93, by the way.
Rupert
nick clibborn

Post by nick clibborn »

Finally found another camp site if anyone is interested. It is Abbots Shingle Caravan Site, which takes tents as well. It's at Abbots Shingle, Botany Hill, Sands, Farnham, Surrey, and the phone no is 01252 783100. It appears to be a bit basic, but there are all facilities in the Sands village.

Regards

Nick
Pat

Post by Pat »

If the Lark in question is number 12 let him sail. It is owned and sailed fully in the CVRDA spirit - it is the oldest known Lark in existance and he has fully restored it from a sad hulk. Phil isn't out for prizes, just a good sail in good company.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
nick clibborn

Post by nick clibborn »

Phil has already been told he will be most welcome. Having the oldest Lark in creation doesn't stop him sailing indecently fast, however, so we may need to give him a personal handicap !!

Regards

Nick
Pat

Post by Pat »

Giving him a novice crew works quite well!

We'd like to sleep over in the van in the club car park again if that's OK. Will the outside loo be open overnight?
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
andrew

Post by andrew »

Thanks To Nick and Charles for a very enjoyable day on Saturday.
The racing was challenging with a good long list of marks to round and an interesting triangle of wind at the top of the course. The hospitality and food were excellent. Only sorry I could not sail on Sunday.
Andrew.
Finn K60.
roger

Post by roger »

A big thank you to Nick, Charles and the Frensham team. Once we worked out where all the buoys were we had a great time. Especially noticeable was the sportswomanship of Phils crew in the Lark who kept telling us where to go(the disadvantage of having a fast boat is theres no one to follow). Chris and I had a great time on Sunday paricularly during the third race where there was some wind. I was amused to hear a local sailor say how shifty it was when I thought it was normal(for Shearwater). A great days sailing and only sorry we werent there on Saturday.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
chris

Post by chris »

Many thanks to all at Frensham for a very good weekend. Most enjoyable.
A special thanks to the Clibborn Towers camping site. AA ***** Recommended!
Thanks to all.
Chris and Lois.
nick clibborn

Post by nick clibborn »

Glad you all enjoyed it - 17 boats is not bad, but we must do better next time. The problem is home boats, not visitors, but I think we are getting the message through to our own members that this is a really fun event which shouldn't be missed.

Charles and I are already planning for next year, so if you have any suggestions please let's have them.

Nick
roger

Post by roger »

Hi Nick,
One suggestion springs to mind.
A close look at cotton sail handicaps:D.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353