sshhh Topper wanted

Post your requirements here
Nigel

Re: sshhh Topper wanted

Post by Nigel »

I happen to have a Fusion tucked away in the roof of my garage if you are interested in one.

The yellow tunnel hulled things are probably L*s*r funboats
chris

Post by chris »

You would be welcome to borrow 'my' (ie my daughter's) topper if it is around, However currently Rhi has it in Carmarthen (not being used). But if you want to take it on hols I'm sure we can get it back. That leaves you with an easy conscience to get the Jollyboat!
roger

Post by roger »

chris wrote:You would be welcome to borrow 'my' (ie my daughter's) topper if it is around, However currently Rhi has it in Carmarthen (not being used). But if you want to take it on hols I'm sure we can get it back. That leaves you with an easy conscience to get the Jollyboat!
But where would I store it Chris?? My new shed would have to be double the size.

ps niceoffer though thanks may well take you up on it.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

I've always been a fan of the Concept 302 as a starter for kids and a good entree into a CVRDA'ble "Lost Class."

A kind of fusion of a Duckling and a Skiff.

This one is sold (and there was one on Fleabay just last week) but they come up fairly regularly and seem to be a well designed and usually well cared for style of boat

http://sailingdinghies.apolloduck.co.uk ... aid=160155
Michael Brigg
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

A lost class, but really far too new for cvrda qualification - they were introduced in the early 1990's into Britain, so unless they had been around for quite a few years in Denmark, I think they miss our 1985 cut off.

They looked great, but just never seemed to have the rig right. Over here, they were up against the Topper, so stood no chance, assy spinnaker or not. Probebly not ideal as a boat to run up a beach, either, as the very light weight must mean a fairly thin lay up.
Rupert
JB9

Post by JB9 »

JB has loads of beach cred. If it were local I would buy it.
Harrier 25
505 7163
roger

Post by roger »

JB9 wrote:JB has loads of beach cred. If it were local I would buy it.
Hardly suitable for dragging up the beach and removing the mast and using as a raft. It also needs to be easy to move around. Shame the JB would be wonderful.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353