stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

<i><b>This thread has been copied from the old forum</b></i>

"Help with Search for Lazy E or National E needed"
Posted by Steve Spreyer on 15.09.2004 at 9:11:27
Readership 31
PREVIOUS | NEXT | FOLLOW UP | INDEX
Can anyone help me locate the whereabouts of a class of Jack Holt designed dinghys known as the "Lazy E" or "National E" in the uk please? This is Jack's larger 16 foot design (basically a stretched Enterprise) but it did not take off in the UK. I know at least 189 boats were built in the UK but now they are only built in Australia.
I'm am trying to get hold of one and would accept any condition for a restoration project.

Follow up from: Mark - 15.09.2004 - 11:31:54
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Normans bay sailing School near Eastboune had a fleet in 60/70s, but have not seen one since

Follow up from: Ed - 16.09.2004 - 10:22:56

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did see one for sale a while ago....
but afraid my memory won't tell me if that was one month ago.....or 10 years....

I think when looking for old boats like this all you can do is keep on searching....

We could put a bit up on the site for Bits'n'Boats wanted.....we have thought about this for a while. But to be honest I don't think it would help that much....you just have to keep looking and digging around and sooner or later you will find something.

mind you......hard chine boats don't seem to last as well as other types of construction....and the bigger they are the less well they seem to do.....but on the other hand the number of old Waf's about would seem to disprove that theory.

cheers

eib
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat