Main sail

Post your requirements here
JohnK

Main sail

Post by JohnK »

On most of the days this year when I've been in a position to go sailing it's been blowing dogs off their leads.
So I'm looking for a sail (however manky), either much smaller than a Lark main, or which I can cut down, to suit my advanced years and to help keep my Lark living up to its name "This way up"!
I would prefer white, but not too bothered if the price is right, and doesn't need to be from a Lark (although nice if it was).
Any offers?
John
Michael Brigg

Re: Main sail

Post by Michael Brigg »

JohnK wrote:On most of the days this year when I've been in a position to go sailing it's been blowing dogs off their leads.
So I'm looking for a sail (however manky), either much smaller than a Lark main, or which I can cut down, to suit my advanced years and to help keep my Lark living up to its name "This way up"!
One of the names I'm saving for a suitable future craft is "POLICE AWARE"

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=police ... x=74&ty=93

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikonsnapp ... otostream/

I would stick this "upside down" on the boat, below the waterline....

Problem solved! :lol:
Michael Brigg
SoggyBadger

Post by SoggyBadger »

Why not get your nearest sailmaker to put a set of reef points in your Lark main?
Best wishes

SB
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

I put reef points in a Lark sail to use singlehanded cruising in strong winds. Most of the time I only needed the luff and leech cringles and I rarely bothered tying the bunt up, so a couple of eyelets between the cringles will be fine. I think I got the reef put about 2' up from the boom, remember to get the boom angle raised a bit although the sailmaker will probably realise this.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash