Centreboard and rudder for MR NMS2

Post your requirements here
podmeister

Centreboard and rudder for MR NMS2

Post by podmeister »

Hi there

I'm looking to get my hands on a rudder and a centreboard for my Merlin Rocket NSM2.

The lake I sail on is quite shallow ad many sailors with the more powerful / larger boats use what they call Beaver boards. These beaver boards are basically the standard foils with a section cut off the bottom of them.

What I'm looking for are boards that are cheap as they will have damage (Ideally at the bottom of the boards). I will happily pay to postage to get them to me (either RM or by courier).

If you or somebody you know may have any let me know and add pics or PM them to me.

Many thanks

Piers
MR 3365 Del Boy
RS Vareo 485

**EDIT**
I can currently do without the rudder as I am borrowing a shortened RS400 rudder, which is an almost exact match. The centreboard however is a sticking point. So far it seems no one has anything. Fingers crossed someone has something knocking round a garage.

I will also travel within a reasonable distance to collect.
simonmw

Re: Centreboard and rudder for MR NMS2

Post by simonmw »

I have a spare NSM2 centreboard-

By Milanes foils, some small cosmetic repairs but generally in beautiful condition. From what you describe you are looking for it might be a bit too good? But I will part with it for £100, located in Essex or happy to post it at cost- also happy to send photos if needed- if this is of interest please feel free to PM me for further details!

Simon W
Current custodian of-
Micro 18
Tiger Moth
'Gentleman Jim' Moth GBR3936
'Dragon' Moth GBR3848
Merlin Rocket 3521
Buell XB12R Firebolt
Landrover 110 Defender
And a big shed to keep them in...