Optimist

Post your requirements here
Trevor C

Post by Trevor C »

Anybody have an old Oppie which is surplus to sailing needs?
Uffa Fox Jolly Boat - J9
Mirror - 34359
Hornet - K140

Please see http://www.justgiving.com/160miles for my charity ride to Paris in May
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

i know of one in devon which has a low price has wood mast and boom sails??? i dont i shall find out rudder and dagger board are there also will enquire if your interstead.
Also know of a Wayfeare in similar condition no boom on this.(sorry about spelling its too early)
Greg
Pegasus 166(The Darkside) SOLD
Cherub 2646 Madge
Trevor C

Post by Trevor C »

Yes, I am interested in the oppie, pl enquire if you can.

Thanks
Uffa Fox Jolly Boat - J9
Mirror - 34359
Hornet - K140

Please see http://www.justgiving.com/160miles for my charity ride to Paris in May
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

Hi saw oppie today im not currently sure if it has sails although it does have wooden spars seen at least 3 parts which would fit although i am not sure how they will go together? there is a rudder and dagger board to i will equire to find out about sails to the owner tomorrow.
Where are u situated because this boat is in the middle of devon between Ockhampton and Bideford theres a large boat trailer with an old fibre glass boson sat on it (also with rudder mast n' centre board) mind you know ive writen that ive remeber that the oppie will fit on a Car roof!! Hommer Moment dur forget that bit then!
Cherub 2646 Madge
Trevor C

Post by Trevor C »

I live in Kent. However, next Wednesday I will be in Dorset and whilst this is not exactly next door it is closer than Kent!
Uffa Fox Jolly Boat - J9
Mirror - 34359
Hornet - K140

pegasus

Post by pegasus »

Well in that case i can arrage for you to meet the owner i will conferm it is a oppie later and find out its status on sails etc did i mention that it is completely wooden.
greg
Cherub 2646 Madge
Trevor C

Post by Trevor C »

That would be good and yes you did. I have tried to email you directly through this site but it has been rejected twice. Could you email me please?
Thanks
Trevor
Uffa Fox Jolly Boat - J9
Mirror - 34359
Hornet - K140

pegasus

Post by pegasus »

yes that would be because it is my old one i will update it or or you can send me yours on here.
Cherub 2646 Madge
stotty

Post by stotty »

hi all
i have an optimist - unfortunately 1/4 scale - but she is radio controlled - and commanded by action man who isn't very happy at the thought of a rehome!
could be for sale(sail) though!
i'll stop the silliness now or it could get stupid!
salut
tony s
Mirror, GP14(x2), Seadog, Blandford Nymph, and Pegasus awaiting complete rebuild!
Andy MacLennan

Post by Andy MacLennan »

Nice models - did you make them yourself?
stotty

Post by stotty »

hi all
yep all my own work usually to 1/4 scale and for r/c
left side is an unfinished at the time of pic(2yrs ago)Heron now used by heron assocn on their stand
middle is an Oystercatcher deesigned as a quick build cheap skiff - 4 sheets ply and some battens etc
oppie is an exact scale job - sailed like a bath - spent last summer designing and making a new keel to improve the sailing characteristic - now achieved with a lead bulb suspended on a swept back centreboard weight now under transom as per full size - ie kids in rear of boat - now sails extremely well for a scale model - couldn't find pics of her under sail last sept at a local sailing day at Fouesnant between Benodet and Concarneau in finistere
gets lots of +ve comment as french have designed a 1/5 model with boxes etc to hide rudder and sail control mechs mine are servos just sat under the front seat with rods
if any interest can maybe find more pics although these may be at the french house!
salut
tony s
Mirror, GP14(x2), Seadog, Blandford Nymph, and Pegasus awaiting complete rebuild!
stotty

Post by stotty »

hi
mild ephasia(?) rules
oystercatcher by conrad natzio designed mainly for norfolk broads use!
current project upon return to finistere renovate blandford designed nymph for the wooden boat show at beale early june hall repaint minor work to deck then varnish. afterwards a 1/4 scale british moth for radio control - the froggies love my 'off the wall models' -already in preparation would hope to finish later in year or by this time 2007!
tony s
Mark

Post by Mark »

Karen is also thinking about a 1/4 size BM as well, just happens to have some plans as well
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I'd have thought a full sized Moth was small enough for remote control...would save on the shin bruises, too, unless things got very heated on the bank...
Rupert
stotty

Post by stotty »

not the bruises that are a problem its the earache from herself when another 1/1 scale appears!!
t