Merlin Rocket spreaders (hog stepped alloy mast)

Post your requirements here
Sonofnol

Merlin Rocket spreaders (hog stepped alloy mast)

Post by Sonofnol »

How do you close a topic?
Last edited by Sonofnol on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chris

Re: Merlin Rocket spreaders (hog stepped alloy mast)

Post by chris »

rigs for merlins come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. I've had one rigs with high short spreaders and others with longer spreaders lower down.
Some measurements will help as there is nothing 'standard' and also do you have the mast-part fitting and just need the spreader bars?
Sonofnol

Post by Sonofnol »

I have the mast fitting and the end adjusters. The existing ones have bars with wing nut style adjusters at the inboard ends. The closest thing I have found are some superspars ones which I may end up ordering along with the adjusters. 350mm in length. I will get some measurements of the spreader height.

I could probably do with buying a replacement mast judging by the state of this one but will start with the spreaders and halyards and go from there.

Thanks for getting back to me. This is my first boat and restoration. I haven't even sailed her yet! Still plenty to do.
chris

Post by chris »

I have a proctor gold merlin mast off 1728 or there abouts. It has some but not all its rigging and never seem to have had spreaders or diamonds.
It's free if you want it and I think theres a boom too.
Sonofnol

Post by Sonofnol »

Thanks for the offer Chris. Just a bit far to travel! My boat number is 3345 so may not be compatible with my sails/boat.