Int Moth (Imperium scow) mast wanted

Post your requirements here
consur

Re: Int Moth (Imperium scow) mast wanted

Post by consur »

Thanks Alan. I was wondering whether a windsurfer mast might slide inside the bottom part and give me a tapered topmast. would however need to find a length of track (and a broken windsurfer mast). I will look into your suggestion on Monday. George
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Old Windsurfer masts are cheap as chips on eBay so no need to find a broken one.

I was looking at replacing the top part of a 2 piece mast a few years ago and figured that I would just chop the section of windfsurfer mast at the point with the right diameter for the join, then trim the top to give me the correct length (was not that bothered by bend characteristics - more by getting the boat on the water).

That boat had a sleeved sail so no complications with adding a track but buying a plastic track for a carbon mast and gluing it with the very fancy and expensive stuff sold for that job should be achievable - some thought around making a smooth join in the track (or maybe replacing the whole track) and job done - sounds simple when you say it quickly :D
consur

Post by consur »

Thanks to jpa (post above) I now have a replacement for my broken mast. I have spent the last two days converting this old Fireball mast into a moth mast and hope to get it out on the water in the next week or two. Three cheers for the CVRDA community for facilitating this. The trapeze handles, rings and jammers are FTAGH.
bornagainmothie

Post by bornagainmothie »

Good to hear you have a usable mast again.
Can you make it to Baltic Wharf on 14th Nov? Alan will be defending home water honours with his Imperium, it would be great to have a pair.

Lyndon