Hornet c/b HELP

Post your requirements here
roger

Post by roger »

This is mainly aimed at Alan but has anyone got a centreboard that will fit our Goodwin Revolution Hornet to buy or borrow. We broke ours at Lymington a few weeks back and a well known Manufacturer of foils assured us he would have it ready for this weekend before we leave for Ulswater. Guess what he started it yesterday:(.
This leaves us with a great deal of leeway but we may capsize less.
If anyone can lend or sell us a spare for the next month we would be eternally grateful and we will pay courier charges etc.

devereuxfamily@hotmail.com

Thanks Roger
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Roger
I do not have any Hornet spares having passed on everything I had when I sold Marginally Effective 2153. The last and best centreboard I had was from a guy that Mike Mac recommended to me who trades under Edge Foils he's based in Dunfermlin in Scotland. The foil he produced was first class and cheaper than Milnes and I felt performed better than my previous Stanley & Thomas. He also produced it in record time. Contact Mike for further details.
Hope you get sorted soon.
Al
Roger Tom Guy proberbly has the best contacts in the hornet fleet he may be able to find you one. Roger Howel whose boat I borrow is actually sailing it at present and does not have any spares.
roger

Post by roger »

Managed to borrow one thanks.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353