Skol 2 parts and info sought...

Post your requirements here
realnutter

Skol 2 parts and info sought...

Post by realnutter »

Hi all...

I've just acquired a Skol 2 Moth... K2992.. I'm missing the dagger board and rudder assembly... Any parts, photo's or dimensions gratefully received!

Matt
Matt

Int Moth K2992
JimC

Re: Skol 2 parts and info sought...

Post by JimC »

A 42inch long daggerboard that fits the slot would be very much in the right territory - that's the size of the Mag 5 board in my garage and the one for my Skol (at Sailing club) isn't much different. The rudder isn't that much smaller as I recall.
realnutter

Post by realnutter »

Thanks... should the end of the dagger board be shaped in any way, or square?
Matt

Int Moth K2992
JimC

Post by JimC »

realnutter wrote:Thanks... should the end of the dagger board be shaped in any way, or square?
I don't suppose it makes an awful lot of difference in the grand scheme of things. Spitfire tips are marginally more efficient and look nice, a squared off end may be more practical if you sail in shallow water and bump the end a lot or need it to stay in position when well raised. I've seen both. My Skol 3 came with a board with moderate taper to a squared off end.
jpa_wfsc

Post by jpa_wfsc »

I have the original (but broken) stainless steel rudder stock from the well known here Skol 'The Hopple' and also its original tiller with extension. We replaced them with a much more practical and hardly any heavier Laser pattern part.

The rudder stock was produced from a single piece of SS 2mm sheet cut and folded., The gudgeons on the transom were also made from the same material. Delightfully light but not very strong. If of use (even if only to measure and copy) let me know.

The dagger board was square tipped, and rather nicely made in two types of wood, cedar and mahogany??

Look in the photo archive on the card site for pictures.
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.
realnutter

Post by realnutter »

jpa_wfsc wrote:I have the original (but broken) stainless steel rudder stock from the well known here Skol 'The Hopple' and also its original tiller with extension. We replaced them with a much more practical and hardly any heavier Laser pattern part.

The rudder stock was produced from a single piece of SS 2mm sheet cut and folded., The gudgeons on the transom were also made from the same material. Delightfully light but not very strong. If of use (even if only to measure and copy) let me know.

The dagger board was square tipped, and rather nicely made in two types of wood, cedar and mahogany??

Look in the photo archive on the card site for pictures.
Thanks for the offer... How's it broken? I have a tame stainless welder who might be able to patch it up... If it's beyond repair, it's good to know that a Laser one can be made to fit...

Matt
Matt

Int Moth K2992