Gull Dinghy lines plan / sail plan

Post your requirements here
Norfolk Heron

Gull Dinghy lines plan / sail plan

Post by Norfolk Heron »

Hi - does anyone have a digitised (or even paper) version of the Gull dinghy lines / construction plan or sail plan - I have been feeding a bit of info on the Class (just a few photos as I sail one) to the RYA who are doing a project on Ian Proctors designs for the upcomming Dinghy Show in a couple of weeks and they find that they havent got any fo this class - It would be really good if someone had some they could use?
SoggyBadger

Re: Gull Dinghy lines plan / sail plan

Post by SoggyBadger »

I think you're best bet would be to approach the current builder (Hartleys).
Best wishes

SB
Alan P.

Post by Alan P. »

You are after the info on the original mk1?. Put an appeal for this on the Gull forum. You will have to register on your first visit but it’s quick and easy.
www.gulldinghy.proboards.com
I believe Harleys are building jolly good Gulls but these are very much to their own design and very different to the original and early MKs.
Best of luck with this.
OK 1211 Peter Crew wood 1968
Gull 2892 Hartley MK6 Plastic 2014
Streaker 1582. Home built. Wood 2005
JimC

Post by JimC »

I have most if not all of the Gull material from the early 60s in rather fragile condition. What I don't have are the facilities to scan them, because these are large drawings, and a bit fragile to faff round trying to fit bit by bit on an A4 scanner. They're in NE Surrey. Who's your RYA contact?
Norfolk Heron

Post by Norfolk Heron »

JimC
I was contacted by Celia Edgington at the RYA - she is co-ordinating it with a media person called Dougal at David Henshall Media. I may know someone in your area who is a Gull person who might be able to help. In my area we have a very good reprographics firm who copy to A0 and are really careful of historic data but I havent a clue who to suggest near you. Would be great to have some real (copy) original plans at the Dinghy Ex if it can be arranged - do you want to email me at cj.yardley at tiscali.co.uk or ring me on 07931 434162 - or contact Celia directly perhaps at the RYA and she may be better placed to help?
JimC

Post by JimC »

Norfolk Heron wrote:JimC
I was contacted by Celia Edgington at the RYA - she is co-ordinating it with a media person called Dougal at David Henshall Media. I may know someone in your area who is a Gull person who might be able to help. In my area we have a very good reprographics firm who copy to A0 and are really careful of historic data but I havent a clue who to suggest near you. Would be great to have some real (copy) original plans at the Dinghy Ex if it can be arranged - do you want to email me at cj.yardley at tiscali.co.uk or ring me on 07931 434162 - or contact Celia directly perhaps at the RYA and she may be better placed to help?
PM me Celia's email:-)