Tube bailers

Post your requirements here
chris

Tube bailers

Post by chris »

I have two round holes in the bottom of an old fourteen, not sure that I really want to put tube bailers back in the holes but if anyone has a pair I might be tempted.
Chris int 14. 483 and 516
Ed
Site Admin

Re: Tube bailers

Post by Ed »

i have had a few over the years, but nearly always just thrown them out.....damned useless things, till you crunch them pulling the boat out and then they become bloody stupid 'leaking' or 'jammed' useless things...

But I did find one at the w/end. Most probably leaks....and is one of the skinny small ones, not the big buggas. You can have it of course....will see if I can find any others.

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
chris

Post by chris »

Thanks Ed.
The holes in the hull are 27mm diam. Roughly.
I agree with your sentiments Though. My Merlin 507 came with one on the port side and someone had added a British Railways notice screwed down which reads “press lever to flush” I rather liked that so it is still there! As for the bailer it never worked and did leak and yes I caught it on the trolley and bend it by mistake. I simply hammered it shut and it is now completely immobile but has never leaked since! There must be moral there I suppose.
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

I have a pair that don't seem to have seen much use. On the other hand I also have quite a few Elvestroms which , like everyone else, I think are a better bet
Sam
GBW505

Post by GBW505 »

I asked the chap that's restoring my 14 but unfortunately he doesn't have any. However, he will look out for some if required, although I somehow feel you may have decided against in any case!

May I ask, is K516 still called "Frantic", the name of Uffa's favourite horse?

Gillian