Albacore sails

Post your requirements here
XQSME

Albacore sails

Post by XQSME »

Good evening, hope to get hold of some decent 2nd hand sails, or, can anyone recommend a sailmaker with reasonable costs for new?
Thankyou
1965 Albacore No 1775 "XQSME"
previous = 1962 Wayfarer W170 "Peter Pan"
Flying Fifteen
Twister
Pat

Re: Albacore sails

Post by Pat »

New Albacore sails are a grand from Mike McNamara but he's the best Alb sail maker as he races in the class.
Try a wanted on the class website as there may be people able to sell secondhand.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

How decent do you want them? I have a Rush main that won the Europeans or something similar a few years ago and hasn't seen much service since. It wont win anything major again but at club level it seems ok. I also have the jib but I have never had out of the bag. Call it £80 the pair + P&P sails presently at Lincoln.
If you want New either Sail Register who have served me well for years or Morgan who supplied this years that looks very good
Sam
Mr. Ben

Post by Mr. Ben »

Hi Sam

Did you sell that set of sails. If not I'd definitely like to take you up on the offer. Can you call me on 07715 501518 if they're still available?

Thanks
Mr. Ben
RYA Training Principal- Thames Sailing Club
Merlin Rocket Star 1842 'Emmeline'
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

Hi
sorry about the delay in replying I have only just noticed this post. I have been busy!! The sails concerned have gone but I still may be able to help depending upon what you want. I have a well used Mac which has seen better days but seems sound and wouldn't cost much. or Dave ( Cant remember his other name) has what looks like a usable speed on ebay I have 2 or 3 half decent jibs. Pm me for further details if you are interested
Sam