Gull Dinghy Mast Wanted

Post your requirements here
wilfbishop1

Gull Dinghy Mast Wanted

Post by wilfbishop1 »

I am still searching for a mast for my Fairey Duckling dinghy restoration project since I have now completed the hull repairs and am ready for painting. I was recently given a Proctor gold anodised boom which will be suitable but I now need a matching mast. I have been advised by the Chichester harbour Duckling sailors that a Proctor bermudan-rig Gull mast would work very well. Has anyone got such a thing I could purchase please?

Although I live in the Yorkshire Dales I regularly visit family in Bath & Oxford so collection is no problem.
STEVEB

Re: Gull Dinghy Mast Wanted

Post by STEVEB »

Heron spars any good?
Steve :D
STEVE
Mermaid 137
Laser 41420
Streaker 1331
JimC

Post by JimC »

I doubt its critical. If you're prepared to do a bit of tin bashing I bet any reasonably light spar will do the job. Measure the desired hounds to mast tip and hounds to foot dimensions, grab the lightest spar in the scrap pile at your sailing club that exceeds them, and cut both ends to length. For lots of good reasons I'd keep the hounds the same and cut the ends rather than try and do anything clever. Its not as if mast taper and mast bend are going to be major considerations.
chris

Post by chris »

i have a gold proctor firefly mast going free if it any use you are welcome. it has spreaders and most of the rigging still. im on the wiltshire/somerset border. We are moving soon so it will be chopped up and recycled in a few weeks time.
i also have several wooden booms, 2 gold booms, ex merlin gold mast with no rigging rudder parts, centreboards too.
All free, 'buyer' collects.
wilfbishop1

Post by wilfbishop1 »

Hi Chris,
I would like to accept your kind offer of your Proctor gold anodised Firefly mast and also a matching boom if one is available? Although I am living in the Yorkshire Dales we shall be travelling from Bideford to Abergavenny on Friday 3rd May so we can detour to collect the mast & boom arriving with you late morning. Would this arrangement work for you please? P{ls can you send me a private email or call me on 01748 884888 to finalise details.
Many thanks,
Wilf Bishop
wilfbishop1

Post by wilfbishop1 »

Hi All - just got a second-hand Gull mast from Hartley Boats so no longer seeking a mast.