Wooden project wanted, Moth, Ok, Graduate etc

Post your requirements here
solentgal

Wooden project wanted, Moth, Ok, Graduate etc

Post by solentgal »

Hi Folks,

Apologies for the long absence on here, but I'm back and now (unexpectedly) have time and space on my hands, so I'm looking around the southern UK for another wooden boat project to keep me occupied :D

It needs to be a relatively light dinghy, as I'm getting older, and it also needs to be less than 13ft 9ins (4.2m) due to the length of my boat shed. A single hander would be ideal, but a light double hander may be suitable as well. I would prefer something with a decent performance, but not too tippy as I prefer to keep dry(ish) these days!
I've been thinking along the lines of an OK, Europe, Moth (early wooden low-rider) Streaker, Solo, Graduate, etc.

I'm not in a hurry, as I can't collect until late February anyway, as the space is not clear yet. I have a trailer, and can collect a reasonable distance from the Portsmouth area. In terms of budget, I cannot afford a lot, but I'm happy to take on something that needs a fair amount of work, as it is as much about the project as the end result.

Any suggestions welcome, and I have also put a short ad on the FB page. I keep an eye on FB more than I do on here these days, so find me on there if you prefer (Samantha Langley)

Thanks in advance folks. :)
Sami.
STEVEB

Re: Wooden project wanted, Moth, Ok, Graduate etc

Post by STEVEB »

Does it have to need work?
Steve :D
STEVE
Mermaid 137
Laser 41420
Streaker 1331